Nintendo unwilling to invest what it takes to succeed in the game industry?

#1Paul_AtreidesPosted 3/10/2014 4:45:32 AM
They were late to HD.

They don't do AAA games.

They don't care about online play

Their online network is weak and slow, no proper accounts

Less games in general

Not buying new studios.

Hardware not powerful enough for third party games

it seems to me that Iwata or Nintendo is just unwilling to invest enough money to compete thats why they talk of QoL. iwata scared that if they spend money it won't work

it seems that if Iwata can't be successful using gimmick then Nintendo bows out of consoles

I hope Iwata gets the boot, that way Nintendo can get back to being the dominator
#2SolidKnightPosted 3/10/2014 4:49:27 AM
Nintendo remains under the impression that the method of input on the part of the user is a lasting source of fun.
#3AvirosbPosted 3/10/2014 4:52:03 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
They were late to HD.

They don't do AAA games.

Less games in general

Not buying new studios.

it seems to me that Iwata or Nintendo is just unwilling to invest enough money to compete thats why they talk of QoL. iwata scared that if they spend money it won't work

it seems that if Iwata can't be successful using gimmick then Nintendo bows out of consoles

I hope Iwata gets the boot, that way Nintendo can get back to being the dominator

You really ought to lay off the spice.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 3/10/2014 4:55:04 AM
How often does Nintendo EVER buy studios? Yeah, that's what l thought. They don't go around buying every small-time dev you know, nor should they, because they could be a waste of money. *coughAEGamescough*
#5DreTam2000Posted 3/10/2014 4:55:57 AM
I'm sure they're losing sleep over the 3DS outselling every other video game system this generation.
#6Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 4:59:53 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
How often does Nintendo EVER buy studios? Yeah, that's what l thought. They don't go around buying every small-time dev you know, nor should they, because they could be a waste of money. *coughAEGamescough*

if you don't have enough games, the sensible person would try and change that rather than maintain the status quo
#7Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 5:01:19 AM
Avirosb posted...
Paul_Atreides posted...
They were late to HD.

They don't do AAA games.

Less games in general

Not buying new studios.

You really ought to lay off the spice.

The spice shows me the true path which is how I was led to create this topic.
#8DarkAdonis123Posted 3/10/2014 5:02:02 AM
The Wii U in itself is proof that Nintendo refuses to invest in what it takes to be successful. At least when it comes to their home consoles. They released an "8th gen" console lacking many features that became standard in the 7th gen.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#9Paul_Atreides(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 5:08:23 AM
DreTam2000 posted...
I'm sure they're losing sleep over the 3DS outselling every other video game system this generation.

and what happens next gen when Nintendo is expected to be making HD games on handhelds when they can barely do it on home consoles. they need to rebuild their tech and invest a ton yet again, but will they?
#10Crazy_tank51Posted 3/10/2014 5:18:42 AM
Paul_Atreides posted...
They were late to HD. Yeah, but better late than never.

They don't do AAA games. AAA =/= quality

They don't care about online play They are working to improve it (see: Miiverse and Nintendo Network

Their online network is weak and slow, no proper accounts True enough.

Less games in general I'd rather have one game I could play forever than 10 I'll play once and then forget about.

Not buying new studios. They just said they are interested in mergers and buying studios. Also they bought Monolith and pretty much have Platinum in their pocket.

Hardware not powerful enough for third party games True, yet power =/= quality.

Nintendo is not the US government, they don't just throw boatloads of money at their problems because if it doesn't work then you've lost boatloads of money. Yes, they have made some dumb moves in the past. I'd like them to make smart moves, but I'd rather take cheap dumb moves than expensive dumb moves.
---
Sega is what EAin't.
3DS: 3909-7785-1874 (Crazytank*) Steam ID: CrazytankXD