What's a Nintendo game with some real emotional impact?

#21sketchturnerPosted 3/10/2014 12:18:53 PM(edited)
Metroid:Other M is the 2nd game ever to make me cry. The first was Beyond Good and Evil.

Other M certainly has flaws in its story, but I managed to overlook those and get fully caught up in the storyline.

Also, Link's Awakening had an emotional impact on me the first time I played it. So did resolving Anju and Kafei's relationship problems.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#22Baha05Posted 3/10/2014 12:07:09 PM
Kid Icarus Uprising, Pokemon B/W and B/W2
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#23GoombacrusherPosted 3/10/2014 12:07:42 PM
sketchturner posted...
Metroid:Other M is the 2nd game ever to make me cry.

I did too. I cry everytime I think about how terrible it was. I think I might have PTSD.
---
kawaii!
#24NCPwnPosted 3/10/2014 12:08:18 PM
For me it was Secret of Mana..

Dad is a ghost, Mom is a tree. Messed up.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#25StarmanJunior64Posted 3/10/2014 12:30:02 PM
Mother 3, hands down, is the most emotional experience of gaming I've ever experienced it. Combined with the lighthearted tone, it turns into a really dark experience, but never feels too sad or too happy.
---
Playing: Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Tales of Phantasia, Donkey Kong 64, Pokemon Blue, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze
#26LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/10/2014 12:34:07 PM(edited)
Jobocan posted...
Fun leads to joy, which is an emotion. So... a lot of them.

Yep

The fact that only emotions that make you "cry" or "move you" are recognized as being important in video games just speaks to how emotionally immature the industry really is.
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#27Godstriker8Posted 3/10/2014 1:22:37 PM
ghostofspartap posted...
definetily ocarina of time the first 3d zelda the music the story everything was perfect

REALLY? People got emotional at OoT's story? It's your basic save the world and the princess story, how is it emotional?
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#28IzraeilPosted 3/10/2014 1:36:23 PM
Goombacrusher posted...
Izraeil posted...
How can a toy have emotional impact on you other than through nostalgia?

That's a silly thing to say. It's like asking how a roll of film can create an emotional response or a piece of paper or some paint on a canvas

Because Film, Books and Paintings are art, Nintendo says they make toys.
#29Moohaha2Posted 3/10/2014 1:43:43 PM
StarmanJunior64 posted...
Mother 3, hands down, is the most emotional experience of gaming I've ever experienced it. Combined with the lighthearted tone, it turns into a really dark experience, but never feels too sad or too happy.

This. Mother 3 is one of the only games to make me shed a tear. I can't imagine how anyone could have gotten through the final battle without at least tearing up.

Aside from that Majora's Mask and Fire Emblem: Awakening had great moments. One that really sticks out to me is that scene near the end of KH: 358/2 Days. That one caught me off guard, because most of the storytelling was alright, but that scene (and if you've play the game you know which one) really killed me. (Second game to make me shed a tear!)
---
Geno, Ridley, Paper Mario, Masked Man, Shulk, Waluigi for Smash Bros U!
3DS FC: 0130-3243-3829 AC:NL Dream Address: 5300-2634-7525
#30ILUmoonbabyPosted 3/10/2014 1:55:19 PM
Terotrous posted...
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky.

came here to say this
---
Long-time lurker, first-time poster.
Integrity~Love~Unity