How would you feel about Nintendo collaborating with other devs on Nintendo IPs?

#1gameplayer6458Posted 3/10/2014 7:02:23 PM
80/80

Since Hyrule Warriors is a thing now, how would you feel about Nintendo working with other devs on games like Mario, Metroid, and Zelda. I know it's happened before with Capcom and the GB Zeldas, Retro and Metroid Prime (Which technically doesn't count because they're owned by Nintendo), and RareWare and DK (Again, used to be owned by Ninty), but I would like to see it happen more often. Ubisoft or Bethesda working on a new open-world Zelda, Square Enix making a prequel/sequel/spirtual succesor to Mother, and a Valve making a Mario with intresting puzzles like Portal.

So internet, give me your thoughts/responses/trolling/rage/blind-fanboyism.
---
Gameplayer6458 for SSBU!
I'm ugly and I'm proud.
#2TransdudePosted 3/10/2014 7:06:12 PM
I will stand by my usual suspects.

Criterion Games: F-Zero
Climax Studios: Eternal Darkness
Wargaming West: Giest
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#3LightHawKnightPosted 3/10/2014 7:08:31 PM
Just want Nintendo to partner up more with Atlus. Make those difficult, yet insanely fun RPGs! I would love to see them make a Paper Zelda. It would be interesting to say the least.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4NovaLevossidaPosted 3/10/2014 7:11:16 PM
It's okay if the team is brought on to make a game Nintendo would have made, but do it better in some capacity. That's F-Zero on the Gamecube. It's also good if a team is brought on and brings a lot of new ideas. That would be like Metroid Prime if it were third party. Retro did one hell of a job that exceeded what I think Nintendo's typical team would have done.

What I don't want to see is third parties brought on to just shove a Nintendo IP into another IP. That's Hyrule Warriors and that topic wanting From Software to make a Zelda like Dark Souls. I'd rather everyone just be more creative rather than reskinning something.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#51shadetail1Posted 3/10/2014 7:11:44 PM
As long as the resulting game is good, I'm fine with it.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#6Absolutezero93Posted 3/10/2014 7:12:23 PM
I don't want 3rd parties touching my Metroid. Hell, I don't even want current first party Nintendo devs touching it. Only Retro can do the series justice now it seems, but seeing as how they stated that they are working on a new Metroid game the series is dead to me. At least for a few years until retro finishes their current project, whatever it may be.

I'd love a new capcom developed 2d Zelda game though.
---
I'm not looking for help, I'm complaining. This is GameFAQs, isn't it? ~ Shad0wflare
#7Marcster1994Posted 3/10/2014 7:22:43 PM
Depends on who they work with.
---
3DS FC: 4725-7947-0440 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Deviljhohoho
#8wugeezyPosted 3/10/2014 7:27:13 PM
Its been a mixed bag.

Great examples:
Zelda Ages/Seasons/Minish Cap (Capcom)
F-zero GX (Sega)
Metroid Prime (Retro. Though I didn't like this series)

Questionable Examples:
Metroid Other M (Team Ninja)
Star Fox Assault (Namco, thought he arwing missions were fantastic)
#9BobGuy128Posted 3/10/2014 7:35:53 PM
Next Level Games (a third party) did give us Mario Strikers, Punch Out Wii, and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, so I think other devs could give us some great games.
---
The above post may contain satire.
The terms "casual" and "hardcore" are meaningless, please stop using them.
#10ChemazanPosted 3/12/2014 1:36:42 AM
I just wonder what ganon is up to