why does ninty force gamepad use on us?

#1RPGMaster95Posted 3/12/2014 9:49:36 PM(edited)
Having it boot up with the system is the worst feature of all! Let me start with a wii remote or pro controller if I choose, dont force me to burn the gamepads horrible battery, especially if im not going to use it.

Speaking of wii remotes and pro controllers whats with not being able to use them for single player in certain games that dont even require the gamepad in multiplayer?

Ive also had trouble assigning which player uses the pro controller and which uses the pad, there seems to be a priority issue.

On the wii I never had trouble on games such as kart or smash using a mixture of cube, classic, and wiimote with or without chuk, yet the gamepad is such a monopolizer it just mucks the process.

No online chat without using the gamepad? Seriously no audio port on the $50 controllers?

Cant shop the eshop without the gamepad?

pikmin 3, while better controlled with a wii remote and nun Chuck for precision, still requires the gamepad to run and wont let you access the map with the remote and chuk, you have to alternate between using the gamepad and remote/chuk

The design is already questionable with poor battery, no universal option to use the gamepad or your tv as your main display (every game handles this differently), no multi touch, etc. But forcing it to run at all times on a machine that has options is frustrating. The other day my kid turned on the wii by mistake when he pushed the eject button, later than night I went to play and my gamepad was dead from turning itself on.

Add some options already nintendo, its the easiest thing you could do to quit sucking so much.
---
Vegeta trolls Frieza:
http://youtu.be/JA8hx3YPdtw
#2IzanagiBlastPosted 3/12/2014 10:21:00 PM
Here's a free bump, maybe that way you will get some attention :)
---
NNID: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#3SaltyBotzPosted 3/12/2014 10:26:15 PM
The pad is the reason I'll never buy a Wii-U. I MIGHT actually buy one near the end of its life the same way I picked up a Wii, but they'd have to release a firmware update making the system 100% functional with a pro-controller. Otherwise no buy.
#4wugeezyPosted 3/12/2014 10:43:16 PM
SaltyBotz posted...
The pad is the reason I'll never buy a Wii-U. I MIGHT actually buy one near the end of its life the same way I picked up a Wii, but they'd have to release a firmware update making the system 100% functional with a pro-controller. Otherwise no buy.

Thanks for letting us know. So there's nothing left for you here. Will you be leaving the board?
#5LightHawKnightPosted 3/12/2014 10:54:15 PM
wugeezy posted...
SaltyBotz posted...

Thanks for letting us know. So there's nothing left for you here. Will you be leaving the board?

Why would a troll leave this board? Gets all their food here.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6blazingsonicPosted 3/12/2014 11:23:43 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
wugeezy posted...
SaltyBotz posted...

Well the Trolls are just feeding my ignore pit.
---
PSZ FC: Team-B 1892-2449-7676
PSZ FC Team-A 4125-5095-5213
#7OzzieArcanePosted 3/12/2014 11:24:58 PM
I got the thing at launch and this has been one of my major complaints. Along with not being able to use the gamepad or pro controller as a classic controller in Wii Mode. Most my other complaints have at least been addressed though.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#8Baha05Posted 3/12/2014 11:27:26 PM
Too bad it's not forced. You have OTHER options, this isn't like the Wii that generally gave you one option.
---
"Zelda is THE original RPG." Error1355 (Moderator)
#9LightHawKnightPosted 3/12/2014 11:28:02 PM
blazingsonic posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
wugeezy posted...
SaltyBotz posted...

Well the Trolls are just feeding my ignore pit.

There is a limit. You can only ignore so much.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10OzzieArcanePosted 3/12/2014 11:29:24 PM
Baha05 posted...
Too bad it's not forced. You have OTHER options, this isn't like the Wii that generally gave you one option.

You either can't read or ignored everything aside from the topic title.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com