If Titanfall released on Wii U...

#131mcsmellingtonPosted 3/17/2014 4:12:26 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
mcsmellington posted...
I reckon The Last of Us is probably better than anything ever to come out of Japan

It's not even as good as Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, SMB3, Mega Man X, Link to the Past, or Terranigma/Ilusion of Gaia.

And those games came out around two decades ago.

I've only played one of those but I can tell you that objectively speaking, TLoU is better than all of them combined.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#132SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 4:26:44 AM(edited)
mcsmellington posted...
I've only played one of those but I can tell you that objectively speaking, TLoU is better than all of them combined.

You mean it has modern graphics? Or that it has more lines of code of AI?

Lol. "objectively speaking".
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#133mcsmellingtonPosted 3/17/2014 4:28:25 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
mcsmellington posted...

You mean it has modern graphics? Or that it has more lines of code of AI?

Lol. "objectively speaking".

Both of those and more.
---
#134SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 4:46:15 AM
Let's just say I don't feel any need to argue with you any more, since your weak opinion (yes, opinion, regardless of whether you throw around the word "objective") essentially shoots itself down without needing my help.
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II
#135mcsmellingtonPosted 3/17/2014 4:47:26 AM
SuigintouEV posted...
Let's just say I don't feel any need to argue with you any more, since your weak opinion (yes, opinion, regardless of whether you throw around the word "objective") essentially shoots itself down without needing my help.

No opinions here mate, just pure, unadulterated, x-rated objective facts.
---
#136SuigintouEVPosted 3/17/2014 4:51:07 AM
Yawn Ignore List --> *You are ignoring 4 message(s) from users on this page. *
---
#137mcsmellingtonPosted 3/17/2014 4:53:21 AM
People wonder why this board gets trolled so mercilessly - everyone's so tightly wound that even the littlest slight against Nintendo gets a reaction.
---
#138brawl__08Posted 3/17/2014 10:09:00 AM
darkphiresage posted...
are you ignoring when elder scrolls, mass effect, diablo and the like, along with JP titles, hit the charts?...cuz i think you are.

There's a stark contrast here. A lot of the games you listed came out over the span of multiple years. Baldur's Gate was 1998, Dragon Age Origins was 2009, Far Cry 3 was 2012, Mass Effect was 2007 (unless you're referring to one of the sequels, which would be 2010 or 2012), etc. I'm not arguing that the west doesn't have variety. I'm arguing that the variety is spread out way too thin over years and that going purely on a year-by-year basis (hence why I'm using 2013 as an example for this, most recent year so everything is fresh in our heads), it's pretty clear how spread out these things are

and no one bought a ps4 to play killzone. bundles and being one of few release titles sold it.

Nobody is forced to buy a game or a system. I can see someone buying the Killzone bundle to play a number of other PS4 games, but bundles alone wouldn't explain the, what, 2.1 million units sold of that title? Who goes out to buy a system without really having anything they absolutely WANT to play? You're going under the assumption that people bought a PS4, noticed they had nothing to play only after the fact, then decided they couldn't just play on an older system, so they went out and bought a copy of Killzone. If anything, you're telling me that the western market is more likely to buy random s*** for no real reason, seeing as the PS4 sales tanked in Japan on the second week with no real signs of a shortage there (though the software attachment rate is pretty abysmal there too)

titanfall is also bundled with the X1 and still didn't help to put it above the ps4.

1. It's safe to assume a large portion of Xbone owners are people who planned on playing Titanfall. It's not a launch title so those morons who buy anything during the launch date aren't quite as applicable here
2. The bundle was a very recent thing. There's no indication of just how many copies of Titanfall were purely sold because of the bundle unless we hear word of Titanfall/Xbone bundles selling out, but even then we have to think about how many of those Microsoft even bothered to make
Though now that I think about it, we should probably factor in the PC release too and how many people are just waiting on the 360 version (if any are waiting at all after the recent news on that version).

I fail to see how MGS' cutscenes are any different from other games'. they're just long as f***.

MGS doesn't rely on having "cutscene gameplay". Something like a menial QTE doesn't randomly happen in MGS. The closest would be something like Microwave Hall in MGS4, but the purpose of that was to work in conjunction with the top screen's cutscenes displaying the struggles of all of Snake's allies, basically enhancing the experience and also to distract the player a bit from the simplicity of the gameplay of that segment itself. Towards the end is where you end up having to hit the triangle button a lot, so it'll probably leave the player a bit worn out, helping them sort of get a feel of how Snake feels going through that area. Basically there's meaning to a moment like that

On the contrary, something like The Last of Us has a moment like where you're playing as Joel where you basically need to get caught by an enemy in order to initiate a cutscene where it's shown that Ellie had fired her rifle at least once in order to save him, but if you're trying to take the stealth approach in that game, you can continuously take out enemies using stealth over and over while the game just spawns more enemies. The gameplay stepping aside to let a cutscene happen is intrusive as it's easily possible for a player to try and play the game in a way that makes the cutscene not occur
---
http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Brawl08.gif
#139brawl__08Posted 3/17/2014 10:12:24 AM
btw, titanfall is already being called average by it's own fanbase. at this point, people are getting it cuz there's nothing else to play.

That's not quite what I'm noticing. What I did notice was an influx of negative user scores for the game on both Gamefaqs and Metacritic, which honestly reminded me more of some form of boycotting more than anything. I could easily see that happening though, the game didn't look like anything special at E3 and it sure doesn't look different now.

even a garbage title like some of the latest FF games will sell more here than JP simply because of the size difference in the markets.

So you admit there's a size difference between the two parts of the world that could influence sales? Because you were going on and on about how the west "buys more variety of games" earlier, but that could very easily be attributed to this same size difference you're talking about now.

Thanks for admitting it, I was hoping you would.

I absolutely proved the images wrong. like I said, diversity reigns supreme in the west. you have yet to prove that wrong. you keep insisting it's incorrect, but can only ever cite the same 4-5 games to prove your point. lemme spell it out for ya. in the last year and a half, how many big fps have we had? ghosts, BF, TLoU?...when did borderlands 2 drop? lets just include it. what else? hmmm...can't really think of any others. lets go ahead and pretend people like killzone, and we'll throw titanfall in there. so 6 games. in that same time frame, by your own admission, there have been 5 mario games released...FIVE. 5. F.I.V.E. the west is SOOOO obsessed with shooters, but in the last year and a half, one JP character has had almost enough releases by himself, to rival every popular shooter. (not including the releases of his brother and bizzarro mario or w/e) but I don't suppose you have anything to say about that right?

What Mario games are you even talking about? 3D World, Mario and Sonic at the Olympics, Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move, and Mario Party Island Tour?

So, a 3D platformer, a sports game, a role-playing game, a puzzle game, and a party game vs a shooter, a shooter, a shooter, a shooter, a shooter, and a shooter?

This is your argument? Really?

A familiar face is preferable to having the same genre over and over since said familiar face utilizes many different genres. Games. Gameplay. Most important thing.

does that put s*** in perspective for you? would you care to prove how the JP market is more diverse, or how JP gamers are more open minded, or how the JP games are somehow better? I bet you won't...cuz you can't. you'll make another post about the same 4-5 games and ignore my other points again because you can't refute them. the fact is, we play all popular JP genres here, along with all western genres. the west is the market with the most variety in game selection and the most open minded gamers. this isn't opinion...it's just the facts.

The fact that you keep kicking your own ass for me? That's the only fact from your posts thus far. Hell, your little sales comparison is about to prove it even further, as I'll note in the next post.
---
#140brawl__08Posted 3/17/2014 10:13:02 AM(edited)
edit: btw, just a lil insult to injury

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/445780/npd-best-selling-us-games-of-2013-revealed/

sandbox, shooters, sports, action, dance, indie and w/e the hell disney infinity is. rpg? idc. anyway...VARIETY!!!

"Indie" isn't a genre. Minecraft is a sandbox game, but since you listed sandbox, am I to assume you're placing GTA under that category? And Disney Infinity is apparently an action-adventure.

Anyways,
http://nintendoeverything.com/famitsu-top-100-best-selling-games-of-2013-in-full/

Party game, 2D platformer, life simulation, action adventure, action RPG, turn-based RPG, and a puzzle game in the top 10,

Let's recap. West has 2 sports games, 3 FPS games, 2 sandbox games (again, assuming we're counting GTA as sandbox), 2 action-adventures. 1 dance game,

Japan has 1 platformer, 1 party game, 1 puzzle game, 2 life sims, 2 turn based RPGs, 1 action adventure, 1 sandbox game, and 1 action RPG.

1, 2, 2, 2, 3
1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2

Based Japan.

VanderZoo posted...
Could you both sum up your arguments in one sentence?

A'ight. The biggest western games are typically the more realistic types with a significant degree of emphasis placed on the usage of guns (or weapons of a similar nature) while the Japanese part of the industry offers more variety and quality for the core video game fan.

Emerald_Melios posted...
Kojima was genius when he made MGS2.

MGS2 has a lot of good stuff like that. A shame most people didn't see it at first, but at least it's known now.

SuigintouEV posted...
Yawn Ignore List --> *You are ignoring 4 message(s) from users on this page. *

Are you ignoring one of the guys I'm arguing with by any chance?

a-am I being ignored?

mcsmellington posted...
People wonder why this board gets trolled so mercilessly - everyone's so tightly wound that even the littlest slight against Nintendo gets a reaction.

Your posts on The Last of Us would incite a similar reaction on the PS3 boards or any of the Xbox boards.
---