How does Nintendo remove the stigma of people only buy Nintendo Games?

#1jaymart_2kPosted 3/15/2014 6:10:39 AM
Make a console on par with Sony/Microsoft
Sign a 3rd party exclusive like Microsoft did with Titanfall
Kiss & make up with majority of 3rd party developers
Advertise 3rd party commercials on tv
---
(PSN) jaymart_ 2k (Wii U ID) JayMart (Stream ID) jaymart_2k (Origin ID) jaymart2k (Twitter) jaymart2k
#2BambooPandamoPosted 3/15/2014 6:43:18 AM
Buy exclusivity.

Nintendo has the money to do it, they just won't. Farming off their IPs for collaborations like Metroid: Other M and Zelda Musou isn't going to get anyone buy their consoles.
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/MisterBubbles
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ChibiMrBubbles.png
#3stalemate_666Posted 3/15/2014 6:48:21 AM
Nintendo has to pretty much buy third party support until it becomes standard and make a better console too. It doesn't all have to be exclusive, paying for ports would help to (arguably even more then exclusives if goal is to get most multiplats naturally) but Nintendo has to pay for it or they aren't going to get it. This would probably come with repercussions though like them having to make their games better and drop price a lot faster because they'll have actual competition for once (competition they are paying for ironically) so I can understand hesitance but I honestly don't see Nintendo digging themselves out of this hole unless they do it.

The only other option for digging themselves out of the hole is just a massive amount of quality exclusives, like atleast 5x their current output on wiiU over more genres, well that would increase sales and help Nintendo long term in a lot of ways and be good for gamers it would not increase third party support or help remove the stigma in anyway.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#4r7gerrabbitPosted 3/15/2014 7:04:25 AM
I only buy exclusives on consoles.
The large majority of exclusives on Nintendo consoles are Nintendo games.
---
Sig.
#5Project MayhemPosted 3/15/2014 7:05:47 AM
Nintendo needs to take some of that surplus they have and get some exclusivity. It's never just about making money. It's also about having your money work for you.
---
Your body are a bomb. Now... you die!
#6crucialPosted 3/15/2014 1:09:39 PM
Go 3rd party themselves is the only way,no one has gone to Nin for 3rd party games since Super Nes,N64 was the fall of 3rd party games and have yet to recover from that,MS and sony are king of 3rd party,nin consoles are only good as your 2nd or 3rd option console to compliment your 360/X1 PS3/PS4.
#7Starwars4JPosted 3/15/2014 1:12:22 PM
The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U all have some pretty awesome third party games, actually
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8DavCubePosted 3/15/2014 6:54:25 PM
1. Stop sitting on their hands like they have been for the past 20 years and start making some deals.
2. Fans actually go out and BUY them when they come out. Ubisoft may have been a little jerkish with things like Rayman, but at the end of the day, they were in the right to complain that people didn't buy the Wii U versions of AC3/4 and Blacklist, as well as the exclusive Zombi U. You get what you pay for, and if you don't pay for anything, you don't GET anything.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#9cyanide_suicidePosted 3/15/2014 7:27:49 PM
Starwars4J posted...
The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U all have some pretty awesome third party games, actually

The Gamecube and Wii did. The problem is that they didn't sell worth a damn. Publishers aren't going to bother with Nintendo systems unless their Nintendo console owners purchase their games. Publishers aren't going to lose money on a port just to satisfy the needs of 50k people. If there's no profit to be made, then they won't do it.
#10ArsenicSteelPosted 3/15/2014 7:40:40 PM(edited)
I don't see it as a stigma but rather a comment on how strong Nintendo 1st party support is.
---
A heretic among heretics.