How does Nintendo remove the stigma of people only buy Nintendo Games?

#11RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/16/2014 1:28:12 PM
Lol make a better console....your all funny just not in the good way.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#12SyCo_VeNoMPosted 3/16/2014 1:45:50 PM(edited)
cyanide_suicide posted...
Starwars4J posted...
The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U all have some pretty awesome third party games, actually

The Gamecube and Wii did. The problem is that they didn't sell worth a damn. Publishers aren't going to bother with Nintendo systems unless their Nintendo console owners purchase their games. Publishers aren't going to lose money on a port just to satisfy the needs of 50k people. If there's no profit to be made, then they won't do it.

Reason the Wii ones didn't sell worth a damn is it was almost impossible to find the few good ones in the ocean of crap the Wii got from the 3rd parties...
http://pietriots.com/2010/12/17/the-3rd-party-wall-of-shame/

Finding good games in that list would be like trying to find a needle in a damn haystack. It was especially bad cause the good games never got any advertisement, and were usually announced somewhere in the middle of PetZ, <insert crappy cartoon game here>, <insert crappy game/reality show here>, or even <insert crappy wii sports knock off here> added into the fact retailers would just throw Wii games any old way on display.

Example if I knew about No more heroes when it came out I would have more then likely bought it instead I first found out about it like 3 months ago.
I used to look at the list of upcoming games on the Wii, but after going through hundreds of crap titles I just gave up on looking for games for the system all together, and only bought ones I'd see ads for like Capcom vs Tatsunoku, tales of Symphonia 2, or smash bros(which were pretty much the only games I bought the last 3-4 years of the Wiis life).

So while people are quick to blame the owners of the system to me the majority of the blame lands on the publishers for putting out so much complete crap, and expecting Nintendo console owners to enjoy paying premiums for that crap like we have no other options available to us.
#13king_maddenPosted 3/19/2014 6:55:38 PM
ArsenicSteel posted...
I don't see it as a stigma but rather a comment on how strong Nintendo 1st party support is.

Not sure how that works.

On topic I'm not sure how, it would cost Nintendo a lot more money to buy a relevant 3rd party game than it would cost Sony or ms. Might be why they haven't done it
#14wombatkiddPosted 3/20/2014 2:43:10 AM
Considering the Wii sold more third party software than any other system last gen, even it not being true wasn't enough to shake it.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#15nouseravailablePosted 3/20/2014 3:20:50 AM
Lack of third party support is a consequence of a series of long term policies, hardware limitations and attempts of novelty. Many who stick with sony or xbox buy those console simply to play multiplataforms (even if its inferior to pc or to the concurrency)... that probably have smthing to do with their audience profile.
Nintendo did tried to change that with wii u... it simply didnt worked. Sometimes, trying to change that means "ditching their core audience" and that is always dramatic...
---
NP: Im not sure...
3DS: 0619-3048-6154 (add me for friend safari)
#16Cubfan082Posted 3/20/2014 3:21:25 AM
Ummm, it isn't a "stigma", but an industry proven fact. Nintendo gamers do not support third party titles at an attach rate anywhere near the other consoles...
---
Regarding teaching pigs to sing: "It wastes your time and annoys the pig" ~Mark Twain
#17GoldenJoe24Posted 3/20/2014 4:15:29 AM
Nintendo is the most profitable, and therefore most successful, console developer, despite having "no 3rd party support" for the previous three generations.

Over 120 third party developers went out of business last generation.

People still make topics about how Nintendo needs third parties to survive.

LOL
#18TediousMattPosted 3/20/2014 4:53:14 AM
Cubfan082 posted...
Ummm, it isn't a "stigma", but an industry proven fact. Nintendo gamers do not support third party titles at an attach rate anywhere near the other consoles...

The Wii sold more third party software last gen.
Also, Nintendo published more games last gen (on the DS/Wii) than Sony and Microsoft combined.

All Nintendo first party games need to bomb in order to have Sony/Microsoft surpass them.
#19retrogoodsPosted 3/20/2014 4:59:01 AM
GoldenJoe24 posted...
Nintendo is the most profitable, and therefore most successful, console developer, despite having "no 3rd party support" for the previous three generations.

Over 120 third party developers went out of business last generation.

People still make topics about how Nintendo needs third parties to survive.

LOL

Are you on Nintendo's payroll? If no, then shut it. I would hate to have a library with only first party games.
---
Uncle Rico a better option than most backup quarterbacks
#20AvirosbPosted 3/20/2014 5:13:01 AM
retrogoods posted...
Are you on Nintendo's payroll? If no, then shut it. I would hate to have a library with only first party games.
Good for you?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.