How does Nintendo remove the stigma of people only buy Nintendo Games?

#61WereshovelPosted 3/24/2014 12:47:45 PM
ninty fans only play marlo and zelda
---
It's going down. I'm yelling 'Tindo. You better move. You better touch. Please understand. My body's ready. Please understand. 3rd place in sales.
#62comicman117Posted 3/24/2014 12:54:09 PM(edited)
Wereshovel posted...
ninty fans only play marlo and zelda

And Pokemon, and Donkey Kong, and Animal Crossing, and Kirby, and Metroid, and even Star Fox back in the day, and they used to play Sonic, as well on rare occasion, the new IP that came out.
#63oomomowPosted 3/24/2014 1:06:00 PM
Didn't they kind of pay for a third party to make a game for the system already? Bayonetta 2 anyone?
---
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
"All praise the Helix Fossil"
#64ILoveYouPosted 3/24/2014 1:17:50 PM
oomomow posted...
Didn't they kind of pay for a third party to make a game for the system already? Bayonetta 2 anyone?

i think most console makers do it, look at microsoft. constantly paying for timed exclusivity or just play exclusivity. or just buying up developers.
---
Insert witty anecdote here (_______________________)
Overhype, the silent video game killer
#65DarthZeldaPosted 3/24/2014 1:38:43 PM
I don't think Nintendo can. They need exclusive games that aren't shovel ware.
Only a hand full of games have done well but those games were high profile.
---
This sentence is false. The previous sentence is true.
#66Devilman_AmonPosted 3/28/2014 3:23:41 PM
Starwars4J posted...
The Gamecube, Wii, and Wii U all have some pretty awesome third party games, actually

the problem is Nintendo fans didn't buy them
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#67mooocooow02Posted 4/1/2014 4:15:34 AM
This isn't a stigma, it is the truth, and N fans don't have the chance to play third party games, because devs don't want to make their game again on a weaker console.

The whole dual tv thing is cool, but a rather WEAK way of winning the console wars...you can go buy yourself a nice flat screen for a few hundred dollars...

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=tv

So if you want a TV, you can easily get a GREAT one, that isn't the problem it is the games, the games aren't there.
---
I wont' change this signature until F-zero, Mario Kart, and or Zelda are released for Wii U
#68AvirosbPosted 4/1/2014 4:23:39 AM
mooocooow02 posted...
The whole dual tv thing is cool, but a rather WEAK way of winning the console wars...you can go buy yourself a nice flat screen for a few hundred dollars...
A few hundred dollars, that's about what I had to pay for my Wii U.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#69Exodus_KnightPosted 4/1/2014 4:31:38 AM
crucial posted...
Go 3rd party themselves is the only way,no one has gone to Nin for 3rd party games since Super Nes,N64 was the fall of 3rd party games and have yet to recover from that,MS and sony are king of 3rd party,nin consoles are only good as your 2nd or 3rd option console to compliment your 360/X1 PS3/PS4.

Actually I brought TS2 and TS:FP so the point you made has been defeated. For the most part I do it for the 1st and 2nd party games. Also has does going third party help them? The answer it doesn't.
#70Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/1/2014 6:04:24 AM
I think the worst part about this topic is the amazing post TridenT made that most people are just going to overlook.

There really is little point to buying a third party game on a Nintendo console because they tend to be sub-optimal experiences lacking in features or online modes. A lot of that is Nintendo's fault really, but it's something that's going to be hard for them to fix since people tend to be loyal more to their friends than consoles, and Microsoft/Sony/Valve had have plenty of times to let people build up friends lists, while Nintendo actively shuns social interaction, a policy they are finding is coming back to haunt them.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]