Pachter: "Iwata is more clueless than I thought he was..."

#1Latino_KingPosted 3/16/2014 9:29:02 PM
http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/zxgykg/bonus-round-nintendo-s-missing-piece-

"So his whole basis for not doing [mobile games] was we just don't know how to do that. Then the very next conversation was 'But health and fitness? That we can do, because God knows Nike and the fuelband, they suck at that! And Jawbone sucks at that, so let us do it because we're gonna dominate!', and my guess is they'll ask you to wear a band but you'll have to plug it in to your Wii U, like his stealth way of getting you to buy a Wii U. Because I don't wanna plug my fuelband into my PC! God forbid, or have jawbone communicate with my iPhone without me having to plug it in, no that's too complicated for me, I need to go buy a Wii U, because Nintendo knows how to do it. I heard that and I thought to myself, this guy is more clueless than I thought he was the day before and I didn't think it was possible."

Pachter is laying the smack down on Iwata once again.
---
AKA 305_King
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
#2docman864Posted 3/16/2014 9:30:29 PM
did Iwata really say that?
---
"Interactive movie = Video game" --- TheNewWave
Beyond: Two Souls is GOTY of 2013
#3LightHawKnightPosted 3/16/2014 9:32:56 PM
So want this guys job. Getting paid for trolling is such an easy job.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#4InfiniteHEROPosted 3/16/2014 9:36:16 PM
Pachter is like one of those doomsday preachers. They are wrong time and time again about events,times,dates,happenings,etc.. but people still listen to them....
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
XBL: InfiniteHER0
#5Kromlech06Posted 3/16/2014 9:36:54 PM
He's got it easier than a pro baseball player.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#6Halladay32Posted 3/16/2014 9:42:50 PM(edited)
This is one of the stupidest quotes I've read from him. All he's doing is making assumptions. Why not wait to hear more about what this health and fitness thing even is before spouting off nonsense?
And isn't it also clueless to talk about how Nintendo has no idea how to approach health and fitness when Wii Fit was a pretty big success? And what would even be wrong with introducing another aspect to your console that could potentially attract more customers? The more I think about this quote, the more baffled I become.
---
"My 4th grade teacher thought there was something wrong with me because I was running my teeth along my desk because I thought I was an angry beaver."
#7HermeticJusticePosted 3/16/2014 9:38:26 PM
Pachter: "Iwata is more clueless than I am"

now that's an insult
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#8RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/16/2014 9:43:46 PM
Lmao. Pachter is a very sorry excuse even for a Nintendo hater.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#9Devilman_AmonPosted 3/16/2014 9:44:08 PM
Seeing as how much ridiculous $$$ garbage games like Candy Crush, Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, Puzzle & Dragons and Rage of Bahamut make, Nintendo would make a killing in the mobile phone game business.
I think they're avoiding it out of stubborn old school Japanese business pride mentality..
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 3/16/2014 9:44:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]