Pachter: "Iwata is more clueless than I thought he was..."

#31Devilman_AmonPosted 3/16/2014 11:40:07 PM
Chortlez posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Seeing as how much ridiculous $$$ garbage games like Candy Crush, Flappy Bird, Angry Birds, Puzzle & Dragons and Rage of Bahamut make, Nintendo would make a killing in the mobile phone game business.
I think they're avoiding it out of stubborn old school Japanese business pride mentality..

The reason why they're avoiding it is because in the long run it'll damage their long term profitability. Mobile games are good for cheap bursts of profit, but Nintendo wants to support their handheld sector as well. If they were to put say, pokemon, on mobile, then people will start asking themselves, why would I need to buy a 3DS when I already have it on my phone?

You do realize Sega, Capcom, S-E, Namco all have games on iOS and its not hurting their other divisions.
Also, Nintendo doesnt literally have to put Pokemon or Mario or Zelda on there as the exact same games they have on their handhelds. tetris could have easily been the "Candy Crush" of iOS/Android, but just like how Konami's "Guitar Freaks" could have easily been "Guitar Hero" of last decade (instead of remaining an obscurity in Japan and arcades only despite existing before GH), Nintendo could have put different versions of their IP's on iOS that dont conflict with their main IP's on handhelds and consoles.

Like "Mario Dash", "Mario Jump" etc
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#32whoPosted 3/17/2014 12:08:06 AM
You do realize Sega, Capcom, S-E, Namco all have games on iOS and its not hurting their other divisions.

Sega, Capcom, S-E, and Namco don't have a hardware division.
#33VanderZooPosted 3/17/2014 12:09:23 AM
Nintendo making mobile games is the first step towards them going 3rd party.
#34iKhan88Posted 3/17/2014 12:18:49 AM
Yes Pachter, a band you wear is certainly non-wearable tech.

Dumbass
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#35iKhan88Posted 3/17/2014 12:21:08 AM
who posted...

Sega, Capcom, S-E, and Namco don't have a hardware division.

Technically Namco does have a hardware division. Maybe you have heard of then. It's a little company called BANDAI?!

That said they don't make consoles ATM, though my guess is that they'd be one of the top bidders for Microsoft's XBOX division, as they have some of the strongest potential as a console maker.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#36ivanhellsingPosted 3/17/2014 1:27:50 AM
Wereshovel posted...
please understand

---
3DS FC : 4468 - 1361 - 4491 (Ditto Safari) SV 953 IGN aoko
#3740DribylfPosted 3/17/2014 1:40:55 AM
I don't know why people are screaming for Nintendo to make mobile games.

They literally do not have any reason to do that all. They are nowhere near being in the red. Sure, the money made may be in a worthy investment, but they're fine if they don't.
---
I am hip
http://www.last.fm/user/KDay1990
#38clericfanPosted 3/17/2014 1:58:08 AM
RLSNintendo1985 posted...
Lmao. Pachter is a very sorry excuse even for a Nintendo hater.

QFT
---
dealwithit http://i.imgur.com/vQdp5If.gif
#39Dark_LawlPosted 3/17/2014 1:58:25 AM
In terms of the Health device Nintendo wants to make or w/e, I kinda agree with him that it sounds like a bad idea, but at the same time we don't really know how Nintendo's going to approach that yet, so we should be a bit more reserved.

But it's gonna have to be pretty damn good to find a market when most people just use their iPhone's and the Nike app or fuel/sport bands. But at the same time, you could say that about Wii Fit, which was a phenomenon. True that Wii Fit U bombed, but that just means reusing that IP/concept isn't the right approach for health, not that there isn't one.
---
Gaming is going to die again.
#40Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/17/2014 2:10:06 AM
Patcher again eh? I dare say it's far too soon for anyone to be talking about the Quality of Life stuff, especially when it seems like it'll be more than just fitness.

And as people have pointed out, Nintendo won't do Smartphone gaming because it would impact their hardware division. Plus look at how saturated that market is, and look at the games which do well. Pro tip, it's not any of the big games companies games.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]