List of games by genre that would help Wii U's third party situation?

#1lp913Posted 3/17/2014 12:56:20 PM
There's no doubt (especially now that the old Wii/DS Wi-Fi services are soon to be discontinued) that Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U will be two of the most popular games the console will ever see. Based on what i've played in terms of retail and eShop, I am one of those who have been actually enjoying their Wii U. BUT there's no reason why Nintendo can't at least attempt to bolster the library (third party wise at least) for those gamers who have grow tired, impatient and weary waiting for top notch first party retail releases.

For the sake of variety (and imo, what would make the most sense to fill out the console's library) here's a list of games that I think can and would help fill out the Wii U's lack of variety in retail games quite nicely. Some are obvious, some not so obvious. Nintendo needs to spend some of that 15-18 billion in the bank (hell, it wouldn't even take that much money to get most of these). Plus it would bolster their library in genres they are lacking the most in. I'll start a list, and feel free to add any game or genre that I happen to miss.

Fighting:
Mortal Kombat
Ultra Street Fighter IV
Soul Calibur II HD/Online w/Link
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom HD/Online
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade Edition

FPS:
Destiny
Battlefield
Crysis
Fallout
Far Cry

TPS/Survival Horror:
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 6
Silent Hill Collection

Action Adventure:
Bayonetta 1
Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
Batman Arkham Asylum
Assasin's Creed Ezio Trilogy
Transformers War/Fall of Cybertron collection

RPG:
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Mass Effect Trilogy
Final Fantasy XIV: Lightning Returns
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#2mario6464646464Posted 3/17/2014 12:59:58 PM
Oh my god who ever said that billion gets bigger every time it's said is right.
#3SyCo_VeNoMPosted 3/17/2014 1:09:35 PM(edited)
WELL as far as Crysis is concerned Cryware was making it on the Wii U they said that had it running, but EA blocked distrobution(this was according to Crywares president).

Only things I think are of any worth on that list to me is Silent Hill(always looked interesting), DOA, Soul Caliber, and maybe Bayonetta 1 as I generally don't like jumping into a game series on #2
I'd want the Tales of games more though.
#4lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 1:53:25 PM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
WELL as far as Crysis is concerned Cryware was making it on the Wii U they said that had it running, but EA blocked distrobution(this was according to Crywares president).

Only things I think are of any worth on that list to me is Silent Hill(always looked interesting), DOA, Soul Caliber, and maybe Bayonetta 1 as I generally don't like jumping into a game series on #2
I'd want the Tales of games more though.

Yeah I forgot about the Tales series! That along with Phantasy Star Online and Skies of Arcadia deserves some current gen revisits, imo.
---
#5FrozenSneakPosted 3/18/2014 1:59:59 PM
Imo, nintendo should more or less focus on getting 3rd party exclusives rather than multiplats, as on average, the wii u's version of multiplats end up being the worst version and ends up getting skipped in favor of the other versions.
---
"The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom"-Nyx http://i.imgur.com/2HO4p8b.jpg
#6CressDXXPosted 3/18/2014 2:04:35 PM
I would love to have a Senran kagura game for the Wii U.
---
3DS FC: 1521-3255-0719 Dream Adress 7800-2190-7418
XBOX360 GT: CressDX PS3 GT: CressDX NNID: CressDX
#7lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 10:50:57 AM
FrozenSneak posted...
Imo, nintendo should more or less focus on getting 3rd party exclusives rather than multiplats, as on average, the wii u's version of multiplats end up being the worst version and ends up getting skipped in favor of the other versions.

The only problem with that is, most of the exclusives you suggest would be practically from indies only unless Nintendo invest some cash and get some dormant or soon-to-be dormant games from publishers to be made and revive them exclusively on Wii U (ex: Classic Castlevania, Contra, Silent Hill, Mega Man, etc.)
---
#8lp913(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:35:43 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9KtuluheroIIPosted 3/20/2014 10:48:24 AM
>Fallout
>FPS
[Autism Intensifies]
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png