Can you tell the difference between 30FPS and 60 FPS? Interesting test inside

#1zado19Posted 3/18/2014 4:04:34 PM
from the xbox 1 board

http://i5.minus.com/i3CmMbOYpWFoc.png
---
japan would set a record for most suicides in one day if she (Hanazawa Kana) had a sex scandal. Their blood would be on her ***** - 2Dover3D
#2Falling DownPosted 3/18/2014 4:10:09 PM
That was a really east test, but it turns out that was the point....
---
DOOD!!! ~Prinnies
#3DiscostewSMPosted 3/18/2014 4:10:26 PM
But can they see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4Kromlech06Posted 3/18/2014 4:17:08 PM(edited)
DiscostewSM posted...

No. No they cannot.

But they could if it was 4k 120fps.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#5zado19(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2014 4:14:36 PM
Kromlech06 posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

No. No they cannot.

---
japan would set a record for most suicides in one day if she (Hanazawa Kana) had a sex scandal. Their blood would be on her ***** - 2Dover3D
#6terrancejonesPosted 3/18/2014 4:14:52 PM
I honestly thought that the B image on the third set looked better than the A image. It actually looks Wetter. Not trying to stir up trouble, since I could otherwise tell the difference for the first two sets. But really? The 60 FPS image was on the A one? It even looks fuzzier.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#7DealerofTruthsPosted 3/18/2014 4:23:12 PM
terrancejones posted...
I honestly thought that the B image on the third set looked better than the A image. It actually looks Wetter. Not trying to stir up trouble, since I could otherwise tell the difference for the first two sets. But really? The 60 FPS image was on the A one? It even looks fuzzier.

I agree, wonder if it was a typo.
---
You just got told the TRUTH!!!
#8terrancejonesPosted 3/18/2014 4:29:03 PM
I hope so... otherwise I think the image debunks itself. Again, trying not to stir up trouble on this one, since I am otherwise blind to such things in video games... My friend sees things in Twilight Princess that I'm not even noticing, in quality.
---
Every console has a game worth playing to me, like for example, the Xbox 360 has Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts.
#9Ness0123456789Posted 3/18/2014 4:36:38 PM
I got all but the third wrong, and after reviewing it again, I can see why...

The issue is I'm a stickler for sharpness, so my eyes tend to gravitate towards images that are sharper. However, with that said, they are right. While the image B in the third set does look sharper and wetter, as Terrance says, the problem is it's unnaturally so.

Especially looking at the backgrounds in the second image, you can see what they're getting at. As the image says, things aren't naturally that sharp, and it adds a rather large dip in quality to it by doing so. The reason it looks wetter is because the image is sharper, which means you'll see more splashes of rain, when in reality the rain should be blurring into the bodies and scenery more naturally and fluidly, which is only possible with 60 FPS and up.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#10SKStylezPosted 3/18/2014 4:39:03 PM
The main importance of 60fps is button input response which is why it's necessary in fighting games