Which controller is your preference?

#1Matt-MooresPosted 3/19/2014 6:14:22 AM
Select one that feels most comfortable to you (this poll is for hardcore play sessions) - Results (79 votes)
The Gamepad
54.43% (43 votes)
Wii U Pro Controller
45.57% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
My Pro Controller gets here tomorrow, so I figured I'd take a poll to see what people think. I initially thought that the Gamepad wouldn't be preferable for serious play, but, in my opinion, it feels good enough to me to play seriously. Why am I getting Pro Controllers you may (not be) ask(ing)? Family members.. Plus, as much as I think it's great for hard playing, I think I'd want a more..... usual feel for certain games. Anywho, pick one, and feel free to post. :-)
---
Matt "Double M" Moores
#2guedesbrawlPosted 3/19/2014 6:30:39 AM
Gamecube Controller.

I look forward to getting my hand on the wii u's
---
"Clones are bad!" "Tier Lists don't exist!" ... really now? >_>
#3Mattatron42Posted 3/19/2014 6:38:11 AM
Gamepad is comfortable and has more features than the pro controller. On the other hand when Bayonetta 2 comes out if there isn't support for the CCP I'll grab a pro controller, because I know I'm going to beat the hell out of the controller playing it. I know my gamepad was a little worse for wear after playing NES Remix, it is a sturdy controller though, I just don't want to buy another one for awhile.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487 psnID: Mattatron36
NNID: Mattatron
#4Motobug321Posted 3/19/2014 6:44:47 AM
I like to play with the Gamepad if it has some serious advantages (like in Wind Waker HD) and for Off-TV play, but otherwise, I do prefer to play with the Pro Controller.
#5KatonPosted 3/19/2014 7:53:24 AM
The Gamepad
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#6Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 8:14:17 AM
Wow! I'm surprised at the replies! They're all good, and I'm just like "wow"! More Gamepad than Pro users. I too agree that if the Gamepad has advantages, then go on ahead. I do plan to play Bayonetta 2 with the Pro, though, unless the Gamepad has something special about it.
---
Matt "Double M" Moores
#7HambodiasPosted 3/19/2014 8:40:28 AM
I still haven't had the chance to get me a pro control but I actually really like the gamepad.

My only gripe is the glossy finish because finger prints bug me quite a bit.

That being said, I still prefer the Xbox 360 controller over any control.
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1
#8Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 9:03:41 AM
Hambodias posted...
My only gripe is the glossy finish because finger prints bug me quite a bit.

My gosh, you feel me. I can't stand that part. I'm a neat guy, so to see my fingerprints all over the place is VERY annoying.
---
Matt "Double M" Moores
#9Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 9:07:13 AM
Hambodias posted...
I still haven't had the chance to get me a pro control

I got two tax-free and free shipping off Amazon each for $20 exactly. I think I got the last two, but they still have some for $20.25 with no tax. Mine get here tomorrow. :-)
---
Matt "Double M" Moores
#10BlackPhoenix127Posted 3/19/2014 9:12:25 AM
Matt-Moores posted...
Hambodias posted...
I still haven't had the chance to get me a pro control

I got two tax-free and free shipping off Amazon each for $20 exactly. I think I got the last two, but they still have some for $20.25 with no tax. Mine get here tomorrow. :-)

That's amazing! Crap and here I went to gamestop and paid in full.

Anyways, as for your main question, it depends on the game itself. If the game uses the gamepad in some good way such as Wind Waker then I like to use it. But if the game works fine without then I'll use the pro-controller since I get distracted if the second screen is just mimicking the main screen. Honestly it's a pretty in between kind of thing. They're both great controllers and the second screen does come in handy in a lot of games.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge