So the upcoming biggest innovation in years.., and Nintendo's ignoring it

#161Kageblade23Posted 3/19/2014 9:08:16 PM
The_Shadow_Link posted...
I think it's more that Nintendo tried it in the past and completely failed with it. Seriously, the Virtual Boy was a bigger flop than the Wii U.

HEY! i had a Virtual Boy...and your right it was a horrid piece of electronics...
---
Mugiwara no Rufi - Cr3\/\/_|\/|@╪3: Kaleo.T.T.C.
Kaizoku Ou ni Ore wa Naru!
#162XDroneCrusherXPosted 3/19/2014 9:22:52 PM
Unless its VR like the holodeck on Star Trek, I'm not really that interested. I could just say "Computer, pick random holodeck scenario" - then I'd ask computer for a combat dagger and leaping face stab the first digital human I came across. THAT would be hilariously fun.
---
Dark Souls II duping glitch:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/693331-dark-souls-ii/68771201
#163imthestuntmanPosted 3/19/2014 9:38:13 PM
Vr is stupid. I want my video games to be video games. Sit om the couch, stare at a tv and play. I dont wnat it to be any more real.
---
These minor spelling errors were brought to you by an ipad having no real feedback to enable me to know when i mistype and my own laziness.
#164AvatarOfBaganPosted 3/19/2014 10:13:38 PM
Does the Virtual Boy ring a bell? Nintendo did it in the first place, but after it sold like crap, they didn't do anything with it.

Besides, Nintendo marches to the beat of their own drum and you want them to "copy" the current fad?
---
"Nonsense, Bagan cannot be defeated". - Aliens: Super Godzilla
You can't get me to hate Metroid: Other M.
#165TrueBlue91(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:12:49 AM
Holden_Mcgroin posted...
Here is how NINTENDO works now.
1. Release a new innovative console.
2. Release the majority of their games on their handheld system.
3. Wonder why their console is not doing well.
4. Blame the gamers.
5. Blame the industry.
6. Release more big titles on their handheld.

Lol. TBF it's more the fans that blame gamers and the industry. Nintendo just doesn't actually realize what's even going on.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#166FlyinTonitePosted 3/20/2014 10:28:34 AM
Biggest innovation in years? VR is NOT new, been around since at least the early 90's afaik. I played a VR thing at the mall when I was 5 and the headset was clunky and awkward to wear. Nowadays, the technology is different but the headset still looks cumbersome, and expensive. I think we are a few years off from VR being more than just a fun diversion.

1080p isn't the best resolution for something like VR from what I read the resolution lines take away from the immersion. I'm think higher, maybe not 4k but something higher than 1080p.
---
Sony fanboys are the most annoying, Nintendo fanboys are the most ignorant and Microsoft fanboys are adorable because they think they're people.
#167Ehero26Posted 3/20/2014 2:16:47 PM(edited)
am starting to get tired of companies hyping up stuff, And I used to work in anime in the late 90's

I been though the bidding wars for shows

Now the gaming world has been stuck in the same pissing contest oh wait it got worse.

As far as VR goes either put up or shut up because not all of us have money to buy stuff.

retail prices
Xbox one:$500

PS4:$400

WII U:$300

these systems take a chunk off your money. Now how much will VR cost if it's does come out?