What do you think is one of the most deserving overrated Nintendo games

#1HermeticJusticePosted 3/19/2014 3:41:23 PM
Basically, a game that is deemed the best, and you think after all this time, it is the best, and are not just blinded by nostalgia

For instance, I know there are some great Nintendo games, but fans typically put them on a pedestal and make a king seem like a God (Awakening is a recent case of this IMO).

For me, it is Super Mario Bros 3, that game deserves all the credit it gets, and it gets a lot.
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#2Kromlech06Posted 3/19/2014 3:41:57 PM
Galaxy 1, I say.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#3GoreGamerPosted 3/19/2014 3:44:26 PM
Super Mario World. Nintendo perfected 2d platformers in 1990 can we move the eff on now (looks at indie devs judgingly).
#4LifelessBoyPosted 3/19/2014 3:44:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 4:21:11 PM
GoreGamer posted...
Super Mario World. Nintendo perfected 2d platformers in 1990 can we move the eff on now (looks at indie devs judgingly).

I think there are still more ways to innovate the craft, though Mario did perfectly the things it set out to do those days (like decent water levels)
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#6HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 11:03:29 PM
bump
---
#7DorotimusWitikPosted 3/19/2014 11:12:46 PM
HermeticJustice posted...
Basically, a game that is deemed the best, and you think after all this time, it is the best, and are not just blinded by nostalgia

For instance, I know there are some great Nintendo games, but fans typically put them on a pedestal and make a king seem like a God (Awakening is a recent case of this IMO).

For me, it is Super Mario Bros 3, that game deserves all the credit it gets, and it gets a lot.

Your explanation conflicts with the topic title. Overrated means that something is perceived as being better than it is. There is no such concept as deservedly overrated. That's just appropriately acclaimed.
#8rickylo87Posted 3/19/2014 11:17:05 PM
Golden Sun. Fun game, but very overrated.
---
(So how tough are you?) I am able to play on my SNES..
(So?) ..without putting the game under my shirt and blowing on it to make it work.
#9CaiusIcePosted 3/19/2014 11:21:31 PM
Puts shield on.

Pokemon
---
3dsXL FC: 4527-8023-5878 NNID/Ps3/Vita/Ps4 Psn: Firerapier
Gt: KishinDroopy Steam ID: Riskid. I'd post my pc specs but I know nobody cares.
#10HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2014 11:23:54 PM
DorotimusWitik posted...
HermeticJustice posted...

Your explanation conflicts with the topic title. Overrated means that something is perceived as being better than it is. There is no such concept as deservedly overrated. That's just appropriately acclaimed.

Yeah, I messed up on that on

I just know a lot of great Nintendo games that aren't as awesome as people think they are, but get a lot of praise anyways, especially with Nintendo, since they made some old and popular games

That's why I said Super Mario Bros 3, because that game has sold really well, is in many cases listed the best game ever, and I think it is rather deserving of that praise

I'm not calling it perfect, it's just one of those rare instances where the hype is real
---