new retail games confirmed for Wii U

#41mjc0961Posted 3/20/2014 12:55:41 AM
biggy204 posted...
After actually looking at the link the TC provided, looks like a fake list. Due to the pricing for some products and the fact all of the games even ones not confirmed to have any release date yet (watch dogs, smash, yarn yoshi, smt x fe) all having a dec/31/14 release date......

Then again what do I know.

Definitely fake. Anyone can print up a list like that and just post it on Twitter. With no source, it's BS.

And it's bad BS at that. Oh, Watch Dogs comes out in May for Wii U? Even after Ubisoft officially delayed it for Wii U? Oh, EA games on the Wii U? When did EA take the stick out of their arse and decide to support the Wii U again?

This list is a blatant fake and I can't believe anyone is falling for it.

Gdboyratedloud posted...
he was handed that list at gdc im assuming. Plus he's followed by cheesemeister on twitter, so this list is deffo not fake

... Nope, turns out that you assuming something is not a source at all. List is still "deffo" fake until proven otherwise by more than an assumption and "somebody follows him on twitter lololololol".
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#42EoinPosted 3/20/2014 1:25:39 AM(edited)
Gdboyratedloud posted...
he was handed that list at gdc im assuming. Plus he's followed by cheesemeister on twitter, so this list is deffo not fake

He definitely was not handed the list at GDC, since it's clearly printed by an Australian store (hence the prices, the Lego Movie game release date of April 3rd, and the use of the DD/MM/YY date format rather than the messy American date format). The page also says it was printed on the 20th, and of course there have been no GDC events on the 20th.

Anyway, there's just too much wrong with this list for it to be believable. This list of dubious things includes:

- an EA game (but only one: if EA were back supporting the Wii U I'd expect at least FIFA as well)
- wrong release date for Watch Dogs standard edition
- definite release date for the Lego The Hobbit game, when it doesn't seem to have a definite release date in Australia
- Chase Mii being listed as a standalone (full-price) game

It's not definitely fake, but I certainly wouldn't treat it as likely.
#43ArkonBladePosted 3/20/2014 1:15:56 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
The Sims on Wii U?

Very interesting...

Very. That is a EA game after all.
---
PC game sales= more games then you could ever dream of owning.
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
#44HighwayPilotPosted 3/20/2014 1:57:14 AM(edited)
Eoin posted...
- an EA game (but only one: if EA were back supporting the Wii U I'd expect at least FIFA as well)
If they'd release a FIFA on the Wii U, it would be one of those legacy releases (the gameplay and features of FIFA 2011, only with the player rosters of 2014/2015) they bring to the platforms where the game doesn't sell enough. And that would only lead to complaints.

The Sims however does fit both the console concept and is an interesting title for most of the Wii U userbase.
#45EoinPosted 3/20/2014 1:59:41 AM
HighwayPilot posted...
If they'd release a FIFA on the Wii U, it would be one of those legacy releases (the gameplay and features of FIFA 2011, only with the player rosters of 2014/2015) they bring to the platforms where the game doesn't sell enough. And that would only lead to complaints.

That's exactly what EA are currently doing with FIFA on Wii, 3DS and Vita so they clearly aren't very concerned about complaints.
#46AvirosbPosted 3/20/2014 2:12:50 AM
Enough with at least 4 of those franchises already!
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#47PrinceMedionPosted 3/20/2014 3:46:49 AM
Um... Yeah this isn't from GDC or anything its clearly a foreign retailer preorder list. None of those are official in any way, shape, or form. This list does not confirm anything at all and none of you should be paying attention to it. It's likely from whatever the Gamestop equivalent in UK or Australia is. Looks very similar to the list GS gives out in the states but GS doesn't put games that haven't even been announced yet on their lists.
---
3DS FC 0731-4747-6981 PM me if you add me.
#48JurassicBondPosted 3/20/2014 3:59:48 AM
Man December 31st is going to clean out my wallet this year.
---
Reading: Carpe Jugulum - Terry Pratchett
http://i.imgur.com/AUbFA.jpg http://i.imgur.com/nYklT.jpg
#49elsmittyPosted 3/20/2014 4:21:08 AM
caffeinepirate posted...
You know the Wii U has a major problem when "Nintendo decides to release more games for the Wii U" is newsworthy enough to warrant a topic on these boards.

I see what you did there )-:
---
3ds friend code - 5069-4253-9174
steam profile - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198077085301/
#50Lemon_MasterPosted 3/20/2014 5:40:29 AM(edited)
Sims? Like Sims 4?:Sweet.. But it's an EA game.