If you could make 1 MAJOR change to the next Zelda, what would it be?

#1DTM847Posted 3/20/2014 10:26:15 AM
Personally, Iím a bit tired of playing as a young boy who represents the Triforce of Courage. The intro to the next game AFTER Zelda Wii U could start out saying that this time the person of courage either didnít appear or was already defeated/killed. The player would then assume the role of Zelda instead of Link.

Alternatively, the world could be threatened by an evil so great it requires the combined might of all three parts of the Triforce, and the player would have 3 playable characters to choose from. The obvious problem is that Power would have to be represented by somebody other than Ganondorf, since he is the incarnation of the evil Demise so it is hard to arrange a scenario where he cooperates with the side of good. Otherwise, the only problem I could foresee is that the game would feel more like Sonic Adventure than Zelda with multiple playable characters.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#2KtuluheroIIPosted 3/20/2014 10:29:58 AM
Give it a Demons/Dark Souls feel.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png
#3DrumguyPosted 3/20/2014 10:31:29 AM
No clue system/guidance character. Make the clues subtle like in LoZ/AoL/ALttP.
---
The next person that says, "I know, right?" to me will be answered with, "No, you're wrong."
#4epona_the_horsePosted 3/20/2014 10:31:32 AM
make it a sci-fi FPS

on a planet of horse people
#5weeheehooPosted 3/20/2014 10:36:18 AM
epona_the_horse posted...
make it a sci-fi FPS

on a planet of horse people

Well, I'd finally get my Equestrian Odyssey. I'm down for that.
---
Magic is just another word for bologna and cream cheese.
#6DTM847(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2014 10:46:05 AM
KtuluheroII posted...
Give it a Demons/Dark Souls feel.

I would be on-board with it having a similar feel in terms of mechanics, but do remember the target demographic for Zelda games is younger than DS so a Zelda with DS difficulty simply will never happen.
---
"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong." - Mordin Solus
PSN ID: Danimals847 | Steam ID: Danimals847
#7FooFighters25Posted 3/20/2014 10:46:47 AM
Make Link a girl and Zelda a boy.
---
wP/RawkHawk
PSN - rokkenwithdokken
#8lp913Posted 3/20/2014 10:54:24 AM
Being able to play as Zelda herself (with her own combat skills/items) for a good portion of the game or alternate completely between her and Link would be what I would like to see and a nice change of pace for the franchise.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#9shoggothsnackPosted 3/20/2014 11:03:26 AM
Please God, just let them change the overall progression of the game. I'm sick of "find three ____, then the world opens up/changes, then find seven _____." With the exception of Majora's mask every Zelda has used this since LttP introduced it. The only thing that changes is the "then find seven ____" part. Sometimes it's less in the case of Wind Waker.
#10SegavsCapcomPosted 3/20/2014 11:17:28 AM
Better combat.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom