Sonic racing transformed

#1kdimm55Posted 3/21/2014 4:56:29 AM
Is there a difference between wii u and xbox 360 version? Is the dlc the same? Im not sure which one is better since i own both.
---
Brought to you by GameFlux
Free GameFAQs app on Google Play!
#2kdimm55(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 5:01:43 AM
Since i own both systems
---
Posted using GameFlux
Get it now for Android from Google Play!
#3T3H_1337_N1NJ4Posted 3/21/2014 5:15:59 AM
The Wii U version has all the DLC included in the disc. And if I recall correctly the Wii U version had a slightly better framerate (which is not saying much).
---
To err is human, but to really screw things up you need a computer!
http://userstyles.org/styles/88555/gamefaqs-v13-revamp V13 Userstyle for a better site look
#4AvirosbPosted 3/21/2014 5:24:00 AM
All I know is the Wii U version supports up to five players. Dunno about the Xbox version.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#5xellos667Posted 3/21/2014 6:10:52 AM
I can't comment unfortunately on the 360 version. BUT I own both the PS3 and Wii U version (and 3DS too, but that's another thing), and I guess PS3 work the same way as 360.

Overall, they're the same. The Wii U version indeed already have the DLC on the disc, while I had to use a code (or buy it if you don't have it) to install it on the PS3 version. Also, I didnt noticed anything different framerate-wise. BUT weirdly enough, maybe it's just me, but I found the PS3 version a little bit more crisp. But really not by much, at this point, they're pretty much identical (though, please note that I'm talking about playing on the TV. On Wii U, the Off-TV mode experience is one of the worst I've ever seen. I don't know what happened here, but it's like it's badly compressed. The framerate is fine, but the graphics during the race, urgh, it's not really good. And we're not talking about the fact that it's 480pi. We're talking about being ugly comapred to all my others experience like SM3DW, NSMBU, Rayman Legends, DKCTF, Zelda WW HD, Assassin's Creed or even eShop games like NES Remix or Bit Trip Runner 2, which all looks great on the gamepad. Even Sega own Sonic Lost World looks awesome. There's really a problem with Sonic Racing Transformed on the gamepad, but that's not really a minus against the Wii U version, as others version don't have Off-TV anyway).

Also, 5 players mode might be a plus for you. So while they're almost identical, the DLC on disc, 5 players mode, and Off-TV mode (even while being bad, it's there at least) give the Wii U version a little bit of advantage. But you can't go wrong with any version, it's one of the best Kart Racing of all time (ever sine Diddy Kong Racing), beating any Mario Kart all that way IMHO.
---
Nintendo Network ID (Miiverse in French): Drac_the_Mazoku
My Wii U collection and games progress: http://backloggery.com/drac_mazoku
#6UsabellPosted 3/21/2014 6:12:47 AM
The Wii U version supports up to 5 players, and has a more stable frame rate, albeit still low at 30 FPS compared to the PC version. It has all the DLC on the disc, so it is the most complete version. The XBox360 version has screen tearing in addition to worse frame rate. Still, 30 FPS is the limiting factor here and stopped me from buying any console version of this game. Waiting for MK8 instead.
---
Consoles shouldn't be about 480p, 720p, 1080p or the prettiest slideshow.
They are about a magical box that outputs wonderful streams of 60 images per second.
#7xHOJUxPosted 3/21/2014 6:26:27 AM
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-sonic-all-star-racing-transformed-face-off

Actually the 360 version has the best console frame rate, while the WiiU version has V Sync to avoid tearing. Ps3 version has the sharpest graphics, but the most inconsistent frame rate.
---
http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/spinning-pile-driver/id481542152
#8kdimm55(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2014 7:06:09 AM
Guess ill get wii u version since dlc is included. Thanks everyone
---
GameFlux: Unofficial GameFAQs board browser
#9samuraigaidenPosted 3/21/2014 7:09:26 AM
I read Sonic racism. LOL