greatest NEW super mario bros game

#21sketchturnerPosted 3/24/2014 5:44:00 PM
I LOVE the Wii version, but I haven't played NSMBU yet. If people really feel it is such an improvement, it makes me pretty excited to play it.
---
The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
#22bezlaskezPosted 3/24/2014 5:50:18 PM
It's actually got a ton of content, a good balance of difficulty (including many forking paths where a casual player can take an easier level just to see a worlds end whereas a Mario fan will of course do both), the level design is... well a return to much needed form, there's a very fun challenge mode and for real mario nuts twice the content for bargain price.

On the downside, if 2d platforming isn't for you... this isn't for you. Music, models etc. all very nice looking but essentially the same as previous NSM series.

It's a good game, and those of us that have had a Wii U for a long time probably got it due to limited options, and were subsequently pleasantly surprised. I'm not that much of a 2d platform fan, and have since traded it in (it has maintained a very good exchange rate it seems, at least in the UK), but even I finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. So to those of you asking why it's considered the best, I hope this helps.
#23manmousePosted 3/24/2014 6:39:53 PM
NSMB on DS is lacking and kinda just feels empty.

NSMBWii is like eating cardboard. it ruined 2D Mario controls/physics and only allows sideways Wiimote controls which are absolutely terrible. even the original hard-angled NES controller is infinitely more comfortable and intuitive than that garbage.

NSMB2 is just cardboard with a gold coat of paint, and the whole coin-overdose thing makes no sense since it's no fun to collect those things if they're as common as dust.

NSMBU is finally handled on a real controller, has more tight control and physics, and more interesting levels to an extent. it's still like eating store-brand vanilla ice cream compared to the core Mario series, but it's far superior to the earlier NSMB titles.

NSLU is the best though, as it actually has a reason to exist. with its unique Luigi controls, short time limits, heightened challenge, and emphasis on speed, it actually feels like its own game that was made for a specific reason as opposed to a time-sponge like the others. still not as great as any big Mario title, but it at least justifies its own existence.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#24Megamushroom666Posted 3/24/2014 6:40:35 PM
NSMBU hands down. All other answers are incorrect.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
snackeroo.com - Only the tastiest models.
#25Starwars4JPosted 3/24/2014 7:52:41 PM
NSMB U > NSMB Wii > NSMB 2 >>> NSMB DS
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#26CoolFangsPosted 3/24/2014 8:29:33 PM(edited)
I want to say U, but honestly by that point I was so sick of the same recycled game again that I really didn't care all that much for it. Ultimately I say DS because that is the one I enjoyed the most.
---
3DS FC: 0989-2237-3314
#27chstar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2014 7:17:15 AM
last day to vote.

not that it matters. with almost 200 votes in, and 70% of them towards new super mario bros Wii U. I don't think anything will change.

I was definitely not expecting the one sidedness of this bracket. very suprising
#28CubeTVPosted 3/25/2014 7:35:53 AM
I want to say U, but honestly by that point I was so sick of the same recycled game again that I really didn't care all that much for it.

This... if only they changed the music more! It would have been a amazing game. Mario Party wasn't even this bad with the reused music.

Since my favorite level tropes are desert, haunted, jungle and fire, I was very disappointed to find out they all had the exact same music as NSMB2... Which was the exact same as the Wii one! Sure they were good levels, but the reused music made me feel like I was playing something I already played.
#29Lovely_DisasterPosted 3/25/2014 7:58:08 AM
So how does DS have more votes then Wii. I guess because it was the most fresh? But at the same time hardcore fans usually don't care all that much about something not being new.
---
"Ign is INFAMOUS for giving nintendo games a low score." - SMASHKING84