How about an adult Link this time?

#1Lemon_MasterPosted 3/25/2014 10:48:52 AM
An actually adult Link. All the Link's so far are 17 and under, not adults.
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 3/25/2014 11:16:08 AM
I'd rather have a Link who isn't a silent protagonist.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3JKSonicPosted 3/25/2014 11:19:32 AM
I really don't want a Link that talks, I like games where I can impose as much as my imagination as I can on them...which is a big reason when I like Elder Scrolls and Fallout games too.

I would like an adult Link though, even the "adult Link" in other games as still young. There's so much more you could do with an adult (let's see that relationship with Zelda actually finally happen, eh?) and it also brings the opportunity to show a darker side to things. I'm not saying I want an M rated Zelda but something half way between Zelda and Skyrim would be pretty damn cool.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#4bluesplus1Posted 3/25/2014 11:20:03 AM
Define adult. In the middle ages, being 14+ was considered being an adult.

Link is older, fully grown, and at his prime. Who cares about his specific age?
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#5JKSonicPosted 3/25/2014 11:24:58 AM
For me adult would be at least mid or late 20's. They don't even have to really give him an age but it would be cool to see him in more of an adult role. Maybe owning a house, tending to a farm, etc. Would love to see it more open world like Skyrim but maybe with some Harvest Moon type farming thrown in or something as a minigame-sidequest.
---
https://www.facebook.com/AbstractedRealism (pinup and boudoir)
https://www.facebook.com/KulhaPhotography (families, scenery, etc)
#6UltimaSora91Posted 3/25/2014 11:33:27 AM(edited)
Link is an adult in certain cultures (probably considered as one in Hylain society). Or, he still is a minor so he can bust into people's houses, break their pots, steal their rupees, rob their house of any treasure chests, receive swords from older men, and be healed by well-endowed fairies and women without getting into much trouble.
---
Is it me, or does it look like Yveltal posed as to say, "Come at me, bro"?
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#7Schwepps01Posted 3/25/2014 11:35:40 AM(edited)
JKSonic posted...
I really don't want a Link that talks, I like games where I can impose as much as my imagination as I can on them...which is a big reason when I like Elder Scrolls and Fallout games too.

This viewpoint baffles me. Elder Scrolls and Fallout allow you to bestow near-unlimited creativity on characters, so it makes sense for them to be you. Besides, your character still talks, just not in dialogue; he has to make decisions. It works in games like Half Life and Metroid Prime because it's first person, there hardly is any dialogue and the story doesn't revolve around you so much as what's going on around you: showing not telling.

Link in Zelda is an already-made protagonist, apparently mute, and dialogue is extremely awkward because it's always one-sided and implicating ("Don't you feel thirsty, Link?", cue Link staring awkwardly). He has the triforce of courage, so is obviously an important part of the story, yet can't muster up a single sentence.
---
#8kaliskonigPosted 3/25/2014 11:45:31 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
JKSonic posted...

This viewpoint baffles me. Elder Scrolls and Fallout allow you to bestow near-unlimited creativity on characters, so it makes sense for them to be you. Besides, your character still talks, just not in dialogue; he has to make decisions. It works in games like Half Life and Metroid Prime because it's first person, there hardly is any dialogue and the story doesn't revolve around you so much as what's going on around you: showing not telling.

Link in Zelda is an already-made protagonist, apparently mute, and dialogue is extremely awkward because it's always one-sided and implicating ("Don't you feel thirsty, Link?", cue Link staring awkwardly). He has the triforce of courage, so is obviously an important part of the story, yet can't muster up a single sentence.

I wouldn't mind link talking but if they are going to force a deeper personality on him they had better make sure they get a good writer for his character. That and they would have to change his personality every game because no two links are supposed to be alike outside of a few similar characteristics I think.
---
3DS FC : 0688-5265-1189
PSN: Alksheperd
#9Schwepps01Posted 3/25/2014 11:58:58 AM(edited)
kaliskonig posted...
I wouldn't mind link talking but if they are going to force a deeper personality on him they had better make sure they get a good writer for his character. That and they would have to change his personality every game because no two links are supposed to be alike outside of a few similar characteristics I think.

They need a good writer, period. Because conversations in Zelda are one sided, they are often goofy and poorly written monologues with bizarre introspections. The only Zelda game I feel like a silent protagonist worked to its advantage was Zelda: Majora's Mask. Again, because it was about what was happening around you, Link wasn't really part of the story. It revolved around Termina and the moon and the townspeople. Link helped the townspeople through his actions, not words, masks were used in transactions, and the whole thing spoke for itself, even more sad as you travel back in time where everything is reset.
---
#10Pop_SecretPosted 3/25/2014 12:27:58 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
I'd rather have a Link who isn't a silent protagonist.

lol HELL NO!
---
The Last of Us, FFXIII, DmC, CoD, are some of the very worst games I have ever played (in my opinion) Waiting for a new golden age of video gaming.