Do you think that Mario Kart will be the game to stop the Wii U from sinking?

#1Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 3/25/2014 5:05:09 PM
Do you think Mario Kart will be the game that gives the Wii U a sustained sales boost? - Results (427 votes)
Yes
39.81% (170 votes)
No
60.19% (257 votes)
This poll is now closed.
After Lego City, Monster Hunter, Wind Waker, Donkey Kong, Pikmin, W101, and Super Mario all failed to help the Wii U's sales rise above disastrously low levels (despite many peoples claims that they would) do you think that MK is finally the game that can turn the Wii U around?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#2Blk_Mage_CtypePosted 3/25/2014 5:08:07 PM
No, although it will undoubtedly slow the process down long enough for Nintendo to prepare/release Smash Bros, which should make the WiiU much more profitable.
---
I imagine Bethesda's Quality Testing Department a big, dusty room filled with cobwebs, and a chimp wearing a Fez banging on the keyboard of a single computer...
#3PeterPumpkinFerPosted 3/25/2014 5:10:36 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4bezlaskezPosted 3/25/2014 5:16:01 PM
Wii U sales are not disastrously low. Just stupidly low. By the end of its lifespan, assuming relatively consistent interest due to these titles bringing on a few extra players per month, Wii U will have probably at least broken even and hopefully changed some attitudes at Nintendo HQ. Unless Wii U gets something really special (something else that even the most stalwart Kirbyfan can get behind), no-one but the old guard cares that much. Mario Kart will sell itself, not the Wii U.
#5LonelyGoombaPosted 3/25/2014 5:19:14 PM(edited)
I hope so but I'm starting to think it wont.

I mean http://i5.minus.com/jj7gLRXHWPD3H.png

and we can cross off most of those now

pretty much sums it up, it's probably not going to be a success overall now
---
Retro reviews at
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheLonelyGoomba
#6Jacob46719Posted 3/25/2014 5:22:41 PM
wrong question. no single game will save it.
---
I am a Lucid Dreamer.
#7VideogamegalaxyPosted 3/25/2014 5:22:44 PM
No, but Super Smash Bros. will.
#8PeterPumpkinFerPosted 3/25/2014 5:25:12 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9caffeinepiratePosted 3/25/2014 5:29:10 PM
As long as the Wii U is at a $300 price point . . . no, Mario Kart and/or Smash won't be enough to save it. If your going to have inferior graphics, inferior online support, and a library that won't include some of the most popular 3rd party games, you better cost much, much less than the PS4 and Xbone.
#10terrancejonesPosted 3/25/2014 5:29:22 PM
I love your Show Lonely Goomba. Keep up the awesomeness!

Anyways, yeah this game won't save the system... But it does have potental to curb the trend away from fail. Unless they got a few games to hold us until Smash... And if Smash is by far the best one overall. There's going to be little to change that downward trend otherwise.
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?