GBA titles cost 6.29 GBP in the UK. Released next week.

#1monkeyspoonPosted 3/26/2014 4:28:10 AM(edited)
I think that is really overpriced for what they are.

Most of the announced list I not only have a carts but were also free on the 3DS ambassador program.

I'd rather use the carts on my GameCube to play on my TV.

Nintendo should make it that if you own a gba game on 3DS that you get the wiiu version for free. Sony does that with their games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-25-wii-u-virtual-console-gets-first-gba-game-next-week
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
Best game of 2013 = The Last of Us. It won the most game of the year awards.
#2Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/26/2014 4:45:09 AM
Only 6.49? I expected them to cost more to be honest. I don't think it's that expensive considering it's not as old as the N64 or SNES or NES.

However it would be nice if we could just download the games that we own. Oh well. Tell me, does Sony's version of this extend to their PSP games? I was under the assumption that you had to rebuy PSP games if you owned the physical version to play them on the Vita.

Plus I'm pretty sure I'd have to rebuy the PS2 classics on the PS3 despite owning some of them.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#3monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 5:13:31 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
Only 6.49? I expected them to cost more to be honest. I don't think it's that expensive considering it's not as old as the N64 or SNES or NES.

However it would be nice if we could just download the games that we own. Oh well. Tell me, does Sony's version of this extend to their PSP games? I was under the assumption that you had to rebuy PSP games if you owned the physical version to play them on the Vita.

Plus I'm pretty sure I'd have to rebuy the PS2 classics on the PS3 despite owning some of them.

With Sony, digital releases carry over across platforms. For example PS1 games can be played on PS3, PSP and vita without rebuying them. PSP games are playable on PSP and if the vita supports them, vita too. You don't need to rebuy them.

There is no way to allow people to get digital copies of physical games as there is no way to prevent people from getting free games by borrowing disks.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
#4Neo_HeartlessPosted 3/26/2014 5:46:31 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...

With Sony, digital releases carry over across platforms. For example PS1 games can be played on PS3, PSP and vita without rebuying them. PSP games are playable on PSP and if the vita supports them, vita too. You don't need to rebuy them.

There is no way to allow people to get digital copies of physical games as there is no way to prevent people from getting free games by borrowing disks.

Ah you meant the 3DS GBA roms. Yes that would be nice. I did get those for free though so I'm not 100% fussed but still I get were you are coming from.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#5LukeyC224Posted 3/26/2014 8:18:55 AM
No Minish Cap? Damn!
---
PSN/GT: LukeyC224. 3DS FC: 0001-3497-9073
--- Dammit! WWJBD?---
#6TropicalfreezePosted 3/26/2014 8:23:06 AM
some gba games are better than anything sony has ever released. Only a pony would find fault with the pricing.
#7mcsmellingtonPosted 3/26/2014 8:23:21 AM
Extortionate price for decade old handheld games that aren't even cross-buy. Judging by the comments on that article too, people seem to agree.

Nintendo's pricing structure really is bollocks.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#8monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:25:30 AM
Tropicalfreeze posted...
some gba games are better than anything sony has ever released. Only a pony would find fault with the pricing.

Go away jobvd. Isn't it time you got banned again.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
#9monkeyspoon(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2014 8:26:44 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Extortionate price for decade old handheld games that aren't even cross-buy. Judging by the comments on that article too, people seem to agree.

I think 2.99 is a reasonable price for a gba game.
---
PS4>XB1>wiiu
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 3/26/2014 8:27:25 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
mcsmellington posted...

I think 2.99 is a reasonable price for a gba game.

Yeah I'd say that's about right, maybe going as high as 3.49.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington