Wow...Sonic Lost World is bad

#1NoNeedF0RaNamePosted 3/26/2014 8:36:02 PM
It was really low on my Game fly Queue so I just got it in. I knew the game was getting pretty low scores all around, but I wanted to try bit for myself. Well, the game is really bland and boring and the controls are terrible. I had to force myself through the 4 Wind Hill zones and then I had to turn it off due to boredom. I'm willing to give it a bit longer before sending back to Gamefly, but does it get better? Do the controls start to feel better after a while? Do the levels get more interesting?
---
This is just my opinion. I don't care if you agree with me or not.
#2AceMosPosted 3/26/2014 8:51:05 PM
the game play is not bad its jsut diffretn and takes time to et use to
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#3DorotimusWitikPosted 3/26/2014 10:12:54 PM(edited)
It takes so long to get used to that you are actually quite likely to finish the game before you get used to it. That's bad design. I don't know if there is a good game under that obtuse parkour system or not, but I got through all the stages and I couldn't be assed anymore. Just didn't see the point.
#4LordrvPosted 3/26/2014 10:16:42 PM
Sanic Boom will redeem the Sanic series gaiz!
#5wombatkiddPosted 3/26/2014 10:21:29 PM(edited)
DorotimusWitik posted...
It takes so long to get used to that you are actually quite likely to finish the game before you get used to it. That's bad design. I don't know if there is a good game under that obtuse parkour system or not, but I got through all the stages and I couldn't be assed anymore. Just didn't see the point.

It takes maybe 2 levels to get used to it. My complaint is that it ruined me for other games. My muscle memory expects right trigger to be run now.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#6CubeTVPosted 3/26/2014 10:30:14 PM
My muscle memory expects right trigger to be run now.

This. And being able to run up the walls.
#7TransdudePosted 3/26/2014 10:33:36 PM
CubeTV posted...

Isn't the right trigger and the A button used for free-running in Assassin's Creed?
---
Steam ID: jessegames1996 | 3DS FC: 2750-1600-2747 | Origin ID, NNID, & Live GT: Transdude1996
http://www.youtube.com/user/transdude1996
#8wombatkiddPosted 3/26/2014 10:39:29 PM
Transdude posted...
CubeTV posted...

Isn't the right trigger and the A button used for free-running in Assassin's Creed?

Yes, but it's not that common a setup in platformers. Which is too bad since it's more comfortable once you get used to it.
---
---
"Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master."
#9GoldenJoe24Posted 3/26/2014 10:40:15 PM
I also gave this game an honest chance and found it completely unplayable. There is no momentum in anything you do AT ALL. It feels like Sonic is constantly fighting you to slow down. The new homing attack mechanics are awkward, and a run button (?!?!?!) only complicates the controls without adding anything of value. Terribly disappointing. I am done with Sonic for a few years. It's obvious the can't even get close to Rush at this point.
#10XD375Posted 3/26/2014 10:55:39 PM
Eh, this was made by Sonic Team's lesser development team (Storybook games, Colors) so I never expected it to be very good. I'm waiting for the next game by the Generations team.