Wow...Sonic Lost World is bad

#21nonexistingheroPosted 3/27/2014 5:20:07 AM
XD375 posted...
Eh, this was made by Sonic Team's lesser development team (Storybook games, Colors) so I never expected it to be very good. I'm waiting for the next game by the Generations team.

As if Generations is that good -__-
If it wasn't for the horrible bosses, I'd say Lost World is the much better game with much better level design. Generations only has good level design for earlier levels, but it's garbage in most later stages.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#22RLSNintendo1985Posted 3/27/2014 5:27:52 AM
FlyinTonite posted...
I don't think a 3d sonic has ever been good, so sonic lost world just furthered that notion tbh.

Sonic Adventure was the best so if game ever made.

I have only played the first level in a demo and I believe that they tried to capitalize on Super Mario Galaxy. It felt almost identical in terms of level design and control. It is a great game though. I got used to it after my 2nd time through the level. I can't wait to get it. Maybe because I loved SMG so much.

I think the problem with sonic is that all the fans are old and remember the "glory" days of Sonic 1-3. But you all need to get over it.

Sonic 06 was garbage

Sonic Colors was good just a little short

Sonic Generations was ok

The storybook games and the whole warehog game....I'm not rating those even though I played 2/3 of them.

Shadow was a sorry excuse.

Sonic 4 was pretty good.

I don't think sonic needs to go back...it just needs more forgiving fans.
---
"Long Live Nintendo!"
I own over 2500 games and counting. Once I own enough I'll start a review show.
#23Bahamut_10thPosted 3/27/2014 7:33:25 AM(edited)
The controls aren't bad. You just don't know how to play.
You were probably spoiled by only having to run forward 90% of the time and auto-killing everything in your path by holding a button like in Generations.

Sonic is doomed to never have a game people will praise like, say, ANY F**** EXPERIMENTAL MARIO GAME.

Why? Because if Sonic tries to experiment so it doesn't gets stale, people say it sucks. Reviewers give low scores to 3D Sonic that isn't about going really fast with very little stop. Fans of modern Sonic too. Fans of genesis Sonic often forget many of the flaws they point in newer Sonic games have been present in their precious Sonic 2 and 3 as well. They will NEVER stop saying genesis was Sonic's best.
And even if Sega made a proper "New Sonic the Hedgehog" (NSMB reference...) and it pleased genesis Sonic fans, they're a minority compared to the multiple post-SA fans and critics who would bash the games for having things like "too much platforming, cheap death traps, being too hard to see what's coming", which are things that EXISTED IN 2D SONIC GAMES BEFORE ADVENTURE.

There is nothing left to do with 'boost to win' Sonic. There is nothing left to do with it's kind of level design. If Sonic Team keeps rehashing that formula it will get stale. And I mean stale as soon as the next time they do it.
Sonic NEEDS to experiment. But the series is cursed by irrational backlash. It's funny how Mario gets a gold medal everytime it experiments, yet if Sonic dares to deviate from being race-track like levels with piss-easy punch-bag for enemies people threaten the Sonic Team.

Sega needs to stop being afraid of metacritic and try to build a new fanbase. The current one isn't reliable.
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 3
#24VanderZooPosted 3/27/2014 7:27:52 AM
I played the demo, and I thought the gameplay was a mess. It's not smooth nor intuitive. It felt slow, clunky and awkward.

And I didn't like the cylindrical level design, I just found it odd. I like to see a big sprawling level out in front of me. I constantly felt as I went through the level that I was missing out on too much.
#25abbyhitterPosted 3/27/2014 7:34:28 AM
Bahamut_10th posted...
You were probably spoiled by only having to run forward 90% of the time and auto-killing everything in your path by holding a button like in Generations.

This.

I think most people came into Lost World expecting a big boost fest through all the stages. They didn't expect all the stops, platforming, and solving puzzles. That's why they didn't like the game.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#26SegavsCapcomPosted 3/27/2014 7:59:15 AM
I disagree. Lost World isn't the greatest, but its far from terrible.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#27chstarPosted 3/27/2014 8:04:45 AM
what happened Sonic? Sega was just finally beginning to turn it around with games likes sonic rush and sonic colors and really nailed it with sonic generations with the first sonic game in over a decade to be as good as the genesis classics and then they push out this garbage followed by an announcement of more garbage.
#28ReachOutToTruthPosted 3/27/2014 8:14:37 AM
Sonic Lost World is decent. It's not terrible but Generations and Colors came right before it so it seems worse by comparison. >_>
---
Since I'm not popular, I'll post on GameFAQs.
http://i.imgur.com/94p3Mvv.gif http://i.imgur.com/5fMYoER.gif http://i.imgur.com/bc4z4dP.gif
#29EdwardoMario16Posted 3/27/2014 9:20:05 AM
Don't hate Sonic Lost World because you have to actually play it instead of holding an auto-win button.

Hate it for it's flat and blocky level design.
---
This is the worst bird yet.
3DS FC 3265-6316-1192
#30Dark_Link92Posted 3/27/2014 9:25:28 AM
abbyhitter posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

This.

I think most people came into Lost World expecting a big boost fest through all the stages. They didn't expect all the stops, platforming, and solving puzzles. That's why they didn't like the game.

Yeah, because that's how to appeal to Sonic fans. Platforming, stopping, and puzzles. That's what Mario and Metroid are for. Lost World never had a sense of speed.
---
3DS FC: 4382-3271-9747
Friend Safari: Growlithe, Slugma, and Braixen.