Batman: Arkham Knight - 'Wii U Could Not Meet Gameplay Objectives'

#81mcsmellingtonPosted 3/27/2014 6:40:49 AM
Scarlettail posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Scarlettail posted...
I'm not sure what people expect from Wii U owners or fans. Are we supposed to toss out our consoles because of the words of certain developers? Are we simply wrong about our enjoyment of it? Maybe the system has failed, but blaming the fans for doing what they enjoy doesn't make sense. I personally don't care what the article says, as it does not effect me in any way.

I'm just reporting the news. I don't expect it to give you some great epiphany.

There's really nothing to discuss, though. So the Wii U does not meet the needs of Arkham Knight. Ok, not much else to say, really.

I think it's the fact the dev has given an explanation as to why the Wii U won't be getting it, that's considered worthy of a topic on the Wii U board.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#82JackalPosted 3/27/2014 6:41:28 AM
yeti44 posted...
Translation: they were too lazy to learn the Wii U's unique hardware.

No surprises here...

Unique hardware is what made the Wii U the odd man out this generation. This will most like happen often. The PC like hardware for the PS4 and XBO is why they will get the games. They also RAM and storage to help facilitate what devs want to do. The Wii U was built for Nintendo. That's part of the problem.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#83RetsuZaiZenPosted 3/27/2014 6:47:35 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
RetsuZaiZen posted...
Why is it that every developer that refuses to port to Wii U is considered lazy?

Probably because they are.

Because you say so?
---
Why do nerdsalways get caught up on the details?
http://i.imgur.com/dntQM.gif http://i.imgur.com/9gNcUGM.gif http://i.imgur.com/bH8vq3f.jpg
#84pigkiller_77Posted 3/27/2014 6:51:46 AM
mcsmellington posted...
Baha05 posted...
Pigfarts posted...
"Except it's not, generations is a time based definition, that is a fact."

Human generation =/= computer generation and that is a fact. Look it up online. Tell me how many 1000's of well known website will agree.

Doesn't matter, words have meanings and definitions for reason. Generations is a TIME based word. Even is a thousands sites say other wise for computers it just makes them look ignorant for using the word wrong.

Not to mention every current gen system is stronger then the past gen anyhow, 3DS, Vita, Wii U, PS4, Xbox One are all stronger then the past gen.

Words can have different meanings depending on context. Within a specific industry, a word may have a different meaning to its main dictionary definition. I done think it's unreasonable to think that "generation" doesn't explicitly refer to time when discussing hardware.

How do you think word definitions change over time?

Word definitions change over time when enough people use them incorrectly. Easier to change the definition than reeducate people.
---
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you're a mile away and have their shoes.
#85Joebot800Posted 3/27/2014 6:52:48 AM
MrTuna posted...
The Wii U is like 2 gens behind

Actually, the Wii U is the same gen as PS4/XBONE. It's not as powerful, but power has nothing to do with what gen the console is in. And also, power wise, the Wii U is somewhere between the 360/PS3 and PS4/XBONE.
#86yeti44Posted 3/27/2014 7:03:38 AM
suprsolider posted...
Except Wii U is far more powerful than the other two...

Try BARELY.

It's only marginally better. It's just a suped up Wii and the Wii was a suped up Gamecube. Nintendo sold you guys a system that is over a decade old with slight improvements.

I honestly can't understand the blind devotion, I just can't. Nintendo has been screwing it's audience all the way back to the N64 and you can take that to the bank, quote me on it. It's fact. Carts instead of discs, then mini discs for Cube, crappy motion controls that barely work along with being underpowered for the Wii and once again gimmick Tablet controller plus being underpowered. Nintendo needs to wake up and so do Nintendo fanboys. It's not 1995 or 2001 anymore. It is now 2014.

And yet Nintendo has been consistently profitable for 30 years. Whereas Xbox has lost over 2 billion for M$, and PS3 has lost every penny that PS1 and PS2 made, while the AAA development model is collapsing and HUNDREDS of devs are shutting their doors.

You tell ME who got it right and who got it wrong...
---
Nintendo stock 12,165. Sony stock 1,765
Nice guys finish last
#87shaunmePosted 3/27/2014 7:10:41 AM
Lazy devs
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/batman-arkham-asylum

Talentles devs http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/batman-arkham-city

Somebody call the waaaaaambulance its too salty in here .
---
Use the ignore feature?,only a fanboy takes away the right to criticise...please understand.
#88OneformPosted 3/27/2014 7:12:15 AM
yeti44 posted...
^ oh look a Pony! Go back to the PS4 board.

You can't complain that someone is a fanboy when you are one yourself, yeti.
They might be on "the wrong board" but fanboys do go on other boards. I'm not a fanboy and will probably never have a Wii U but I came here as I wondered why the game wasn't coming to the Wii U. I found it under the popular message boards section on the home page.
They may have been curious and then spouted their fanboy rubbish.
---
The fine line between honour and vengeance will be crossed by one.
#89shaunmePosted 3/27/2014 7:12:27 AM
yeti44 posted...
suprsolider posted...
Except Wii U is far more powerful than the other two...

Try BARELY.

It's only marginally better. It's just a suped up Wii and the Wii was a suped up Gamecube. Nintendo sold you guys a system that is over a decade old with slight improvements.

I honestly can't understand the blind devotion, I just can't. Nintendo has been screwing it's audience all the way back to the N64 and you can take that to the bank, quote me on it. It's fact. Carts instead of discs, then mini discs for Cube, crappy motion controls that barely work along with being underpowered for the Wii and once again gimmick Tablet controller plus being underpowered. Nintendo needs to wake up and so do Nintendo fanboys. It's not 1995 or 2001 anymore. It is now 2014.

And yet Nintendo has been consistently profitable for 30 years. Whereas Xbox has lost over 2 billion for M$, and PS3 has lost every penny that PS1 and PS2 made, while the AAA development model is collapsing and HUNDREDS of devs are shutting their doors.

You tell ME who got it right and who got it wrong...

Hey squatch
---
Use the ignore feature?,only a fanboy takes away the right to criticise...please understand.
#90nvk3Posted 3/27/2014 7:13:07 AM
No surprise here. This is what happens when your console is significantly less powerful than its competitors. Things are only going to get worse as this gen proceeds. Hopefully the Wii U will at least build up a solid 1st party library to make it worth owning.