holy crap the gba games are only 8 bucks

#81LightHawKnightPosted 3/28/2014 9:42:47 PM
And the complaining starts. Ah! 8 bucks! What will I ever do! Still cheaper than buying the physical copy.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#82LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/28/2014 10:02:36 PM
Don't really care what anyone says

Metroid Fusion for $8 sounds delicious
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#83WickedSickJoshPosted 3/28/2014 10:38:26 PM
8 dollars for GBA games? Seems fair.

And LOL at the people who pirate the games. "Oh, under ten dollars?? Looks like I got to hack it to really stick it to Nintendo!". Whatever you need to do to convince yourself of your oh so worthy entitlement of free things. Idiots.
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Crown (PS3), Earthbound (Wii U VC), WWE 2K14 (PS3)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#84_Candice_Posted 3/28/2014 10:40:16 PM
Inferno_21 posted...
If you guys hate the price so much don't buy any GBA games on the e-shop no matter how tempted you are. Nintendo will get the message and drop the price then hopeully. $5 is the max I will pay.

Not with Nintendos pricefixing they wont. They ignore supply and demand entirely.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#85Devilman_AmonPosted 3/28/2014 10:43:22 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...

And LOL at the people who pirate the games. "Oh, under ten dollars?? Looks like I got to hack it to really stick it to Nintendo!". Whatever you need to do to convince yourself of your oh so worthy entitlement of free things. Idiots.

the irony of your reassurance
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#86Bob the AlmightyPosted 3/28/2014 10:57:30 PM
I really wish the GBA games were on the 3DS though. The Wii U's GamePad really isn't all that portable. :p

I do think Nintendo overcharges games on the Virtual Console sold. PlayStation 1 games are $5.99 or $9.99 on the PSN (depending on how popular the games were) while PlayStation 2 games are $9.99.

$7.99 for SNES and GBA games does seem over-priced when you can get PlayStation 1 and 2 games for $6-10.

That said eight bucks is still cheap. My main concern is that I think Nintendo and other publishers are going to take forever to release games on the VC. I can understand not releasing everything at once but it shouldn't take three or four years for publishers to get their libraries up for download either.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#87WickedSickJoshPosted 3/28/2014 10:58:20 PM
Devilman_Amon posted...
WickedSickJosh posted...

the irony of your reassurance

What a nonsensical and lame response. Is that all you do?
---
Currently playing: Dragon's Crown (PS3), Earthbound (Wii U VC), WWE 2K14 (PS3)
http://backloggery.com/WickedSickJosh
#88manmousePosted 3/28/2014 11:17:19 PM
AkaneJones posted...
EasterEggHunter posted...
Only 8 bucks? Thats way over priced.

So Yoshi Island is over priced when that would be the price of it if they released the SNES version?
Also if Riviera: The Promise Land gets released it would be cheaper than on PSN.

It'll be funny seeing DS games price, along side the 3DS retail ones.

considering that the hypothetical $8 SNES version would have vastly superior graphics and sound, then yeah. the GBA version is overpriced since it's a gimped version of the same game that would normally cost $8 on VC for its full potential.
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#89LuuthianPosted 3/28/2014 11:30:07 PM
This is why I still say the VC should be a subscription service, just $5 a month or something. Or like PS+/Xbox live just charge for a year. Then dump a huge game library, adding to it over time. I think it would be a lot easier to stomach for most people, and much more popular.
---
The power is in your mind, to shake the planets and conquer time
Where's Waldo married Carmen Sandiego... And no one found their wedding! .
#90Koi_TenchiPosted 3/28/2014 11:30:33 PM
WickedSickJosh posted...

I do find myself wondering if these people do the same thing OFF the internet...

"What, $2 for a soda? Really??? Guess I better just rob the store."
---
It's a secret to everybody.