WiiU > PS4 > Xbone > WiiU > PS4 > Xbone > WiiU

#1OngoBayPosted 3/28/2014 11:28:47 AM
Calling WiiU 'last gen' is either an insult to the system(which is usually the case, and certainly your prerogative) or a rare amount of ignorance. Of course it is current gen, it is just much weaker than the other current gen installments. Calling it what it is lends more credibility to your argument.

Nintendo could easily make a system as powerful as the others but choose not to for multiple reasons. One of those reasons is that Nintendo has to make money on every system sold...all they do is make video games. Sony and MS are hardware and software giants. Neither of them has ever made a dollar on their consoles. They sell them at a loss. The companies absorb the loss and make it up later in software sales. They can afford to do it.

Also, criticizing Nintendo for not making a more powerful console assumes it would benefit them to do so. Is there room in the market for a third system to attract gamers away from Sony/MS? Nintendo has the corner on a very large and important demographic...those that are often referred to as casuals. Those 'casuals' definitely appreciate the lower cost their console. Not to mention, Nintendo does throw bones to those that want more variety. Arkham City, Deus Ex, CoD, Bayonetta, AssCreed, Monster Hunter, SplinterCell, etc.

Most of the criticism for Nintendo seems to assume they've never considered putting out a $400 console...as if they would make more money if you were sitting on their board.

For my money, I prefer a WiiU/PS4 combo. But if I could only have one....I would PROBABLY go with the PS4. It makes me happy.

If your interest is to avoid ridicule because people might find out that you like games with bright colors, then by all means stay in middle school and bash Nintendo at every opportunity. If your interest is in a healthy gaming industry, I suggest buying a WiiU and either a PS4 or an XBone. I stand with Sony's president - that Nintendo creates gamers and is essential to the industry in its' current role. If your interest is in having fun, buy whatever system has the most games you consider to be fun.
#2TrueBlue91Posted 3/28/2014 11:30:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#3MilesTeg420Posted 3/28/2014 11:32:09 AM
Yet Wii U is selling at a loss. That pretty much debunks your whole argument right there.
#4OngoBay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:34:39 AM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Yet Wii U is selling at a loss. That pretty much debunks your whole argument right there.

It potentially debunks one point. It sold at a loss on release. I think Nintendo is experimenting due to the the soft landing afforded them by the 3DS. Guess we'll see.
#5caffeinepiratePosted 3/28/2014 11:35:20 AM
What does the title mean?
#6TomoEK9Posted 3/28/2014 11:35:40 AM
Not to mention Nintendo does not have the casual market. They tapped into it once with the Wii and have never been able to get them again. They may be chasing that market, but by no means do they have a grasp on it.
#7stalemate_666Posted 3/28/2014 11:38:34 AM
How is it current gen it was released before current gen started lol. On a serious note wiiu is in ballpark of ps3/360 so calling it last gen can be done for simplicity sake
---
psn: Stalemate666
#8OngoBay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:39:22 AM
TomoEK9 posted...
Not to mention Nintendo does not have the casual market. They tapped into it once with the Wii and have never been able to get them again. They may be chasing that market, but by no means do they have a grasp on it.

They still have them. Many are still playing their Wiis. And they are definitely still playing their 3DSs. 'never able to get them again'? Quite a statement considering we're only a year into the very next gen.
#9AvirosbPosted 3/28/2014 11:40:36 AM(edited)
TomoEK9 posted...
Yes, when it comes to the casual market, phone games über alles.

next gen
*Groan*
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#10OngoBay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 11:40:37 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
How is it current gen it was released before current gen started lol.

360 was released a year before Wii or PS3. Which gen is 360 in?