WiiU > PS4 > Xbone > WiiU > PS4 > Xbone > WiiU

#21TomoEK9Posted 3/28/2014 12:03:56 PM
OngoBay posted...
Tomo,

1. casuals buy consoles in droves?

2. win it back from whom?

They certainly bought the Wii in droves. If Nintendo was so tapped into that market, why isn't that same audience buying into the Wii U?

Smartphones, and tablets, or just non-gaming in general. Another company may not have won them over, but it doesn't mean that Nintendo hasn't lost the.
#22OngoBay(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2014 12:04:23 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
OngoBay posted...
Tomo, casuals buy consoles in droves?

They sure bought Wii fast.

1. that was after a drought
2. that was casuals AND complete non-gamers. brilliant marketing to grandparents who bought systems for the grandkids when they come over. accessible and cheap. Wii destroyed both PS3 and 360 in consoles sales but lost the 'gen-battle' because so many of those console purchases were by people who would never buy games.
#23AshWilliams78Posted 3/28/2014 12:08:32 PM
For me it's...

Sega CD > Sega Saturn > PS1 > SNES > Wii U > Gamecube > Xbox > PS2 > PS3 > 360 > Wii > PS4> Xbox One

The reason I chose Sega CD as my favorite is because it's the first console to introduce RPGs to me. Lunar Silver Star, Lunar Eternal Blue, Popful Mail, and Vay will always be very special to me. Since then I've had a love for anything JRPG especially anything that Working Designs did which is why the Saturn and PS1 are 2nd and 3rd.

Feeling all nostalgic now. Gonna dust off my Sega CD and play a little Popful Mail I think.
---
Alright you primitive screwheads, listen up. See this?
This is my BOOMSTICK!
#24MilesTeg420Posted 3/28/2014 12:11:33 PM
OngoBay posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
OngoBay posted...
Tomo, casuals buy consoles in droves?

They sure bought Wii fast.

1. that was after a drought
2. that was casuals AND complete non-gamers. brilliant marketing to grandparents who bought systems for the grandkids when they come over. accessible and cheap. Wii destroyed both PS3 and 360 in consoles sales but lost the 'gen-battle' because so many of those console purchases were by people who would never buy games.

Point is Wii sold incredibly fast, and soon even PS4 won't be able to match that pace.
#25Kuribo4Posted 3/28/2014 12:15:47 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...
PS2>SNES>DC>PS3>360>PS1>N64>GC>XB1>Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii U>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

Objectively wrong. SNES is first, anything after that is a separation of franchises on different systems (GameCube and PS2) and if you look at actual good games, Wii had as many good games as its competitors. Facts, not bias.
---
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/
#26TrueBlue91Posted 3/28/2014 12:25:16 PM
DroneHunter posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...
PS2>SNES>DC>PS3>360>PS1>N64>GC>XB1>Xbox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii U>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wii

Don't have to get furious about it.

Don't worry, I'm not. It's funny.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#27EoinPosted 3/28/2014 12:29:28 PM
OngoBay posted...
It sold at a loss on release.

There is no need for the past tense, or the qualifier "on release". It did indeed sell at a loss on release - but it's still making a loss now. Given that Nintendo have reduced the price by more than they are likely to have saved in terms of component reductions, it's almost certainly making more of a loss now than at launch.

Loss per console isn't a reason why Nintendo chose a less powerful machine than they might have, especially compared to Sony and Microsoft, who are taking only small losses on their machines.