Is it possible for Boktai to be released on WiiU VC?

#121_21Posted 3/28/2014 9:15:39 PM
I'm aware of how the games used the actual sun and daylights with the gameplay mechanics but can they maybe do something like patch and let us play the game without that?

I recently played the first Boktai for the first time and I thoroughly enjoyed it. One of my favorite gba games of all time and helped me gain a lot of respect for Konami as a game developer.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#2awful_swillPosted 3/28/2014 9:47:57 PM
I loved boktai. I had heard the game had been patched so that u could charge your sun meter with one of the buttons. I had the cart tho so I had no need to try that. Seems like it would have made the game too easy
#3MushroomMuncherPosted 3/28/2014 9:59:15 PM
For a game so obscure why did it have 2 sequels and a spinoff?
---
I think bankruptcy might even be good for Sony.~ChA0TiCoNe
#4bluesplus1Posted 3/28/2014 10:39:15 PM
MushroomMuncher posted...

Kojima, that's why. The Japanese love everything that he touches. They'd buy his fresh, juicy deuces if they could. =p
---
"If you complain about the existence of entertainment that you don't have to consume, you're probably an ass****." - Andrew Eisen
#5Thunderbird8Posted 3/28/2014 11:37:42 PM

It was rather obscure in the US to the point where Boktai 3 did not see a release here (and MMBN6 and Star Force saw all Boktai related content cut from them, despite Lunar Knights (aka Boktai DS) actually getting released stateside).

I don't think Boktai would work for VC. The solar sensor itself can't be used (duh), but you also can't have the value set at a constant level because one boss in Boktai 1 will hide occasionally and not come out until the sun meter is emptied. Mapping it to buttons would make it WAY too easy, as you'd be able to max it most of the time with little consequence (the game takes forever to trigger the overheat mechanism, I actually got myself sunburned a couple times playing it).
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 3/29/2014 1:59:00 PM
bluesplus1 posted...

Kojima, that's why. The Japanese love everything that he touches. They'd buy his fresh, juicy deuces if they could. =p

The thing is, though, the games sold terribly even in Japan.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bravely Default, and Muv-Luv
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!