The XB1 is a disaster, be honest about the Wii U

#1InfiniteHEROPosted 3/29/2014 1:50:02 AM
Needless to say Ive had enough with the XB1 its just overall a headache especailly with having a Ps4 and seeing how that does everything so much better.
... So be honest they have a promo at gamestop and I would get $450 for my Xb1 system trading towards a current gen system and would it be worth it to go for a Wii U ?

Thanks
---
PSN: Infinite_HERO79
XBL: InfiniteHER0
#2maizemaizePosted 3/29/2014 1:54:00 AM
I would rather buy Wii U than X One.
Honestly.
#3Bob the AlmightyPosted 3/29/2014 1:56:26 AM
Yeah I think it would be. Personally I felt owning a PS3 and 360 last gen became kind of redundant so I just bought a PS4 this time. But Nintendo consoles make a good "secondary system" to either your Xbox or your PlayStation (depending on if you're an Xbox guy or a PlayStation guy obviously).

The Wii U has a fairly good library right now, especially if you like platformers. Mario 3D, New Super Mario Bros U, and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze are all fun to play with friends. Mario Kart is less than two months out. The Wind Waker HD is an outstanding game.

I really advocate a PS4+Wii U or XB1+Wii U two system combo. I just wish it had a better name like last gen (Wii60 for Wii+360 owners, PSWii for PS3+Wii owners, or PSWii60 for PS3+Wii+360 owners :p).
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#4Depth_scrollPosted 3/29/2014 2:02:49 AM
The Wii U doesn't complement your system of choice the same way the Wii complemented the PS3 or Xbox 360. It doesn't get as many games as you'd expect on a more conventional system. You'll probably find yourself playing Nintendo games as far as exclusives go (with very few exceptions), but they don't get released too often. I'd give the Wii U a pass.
---
What makes Sonic represent a large cast of well known characters?
The fact that without him you can't spell Icons.
#5Groudon199Posted 3/29/2014 2:26:50 AM
I wouldn't say XB1 is a disaster or PS4 does everything better. I don't have either console because there's nothing I want on them and I'm open to whichever one gets enough games first. Wii U has several games I've wanted. For me, an XB1/PS4 would compliment the Wii U.
#6EnjoyYourBanPosted 3/29/2014 2:38:02 AM
Wii U has better exclusives than Xbox One but weaker graphics and third-party support.

But if you already have a PS4, you're covered for graphics and third-party games. The PS4 and Xbox One libraries have a big overlap so it's almost redundant to own both; PS4 + Wii U makes a lot more sense.
---
https://i.imgur.com/C5trEOt.png
#7Dark_SilverXPosted 3/29/2014 3:32:49 AM
If all you are going to play is Nintendo games with no online, go for it
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#8xIvan321Posted 3/29/2014 3:57:22 AM
Xbox One and the Wii U are both as bad. They're over priced for what they should be worth, they only very few "killer" apps that pretty much only appeal to their respective fanbases, they both come with devices that should be sold separately but instead come packaged and drive up the cost.

While the Xbox One didn't end up with always online DRM, Nintendo and their Wii U has system locked games rather than a true account bound system. I'm just not easily convinced that a billion dollar company that only makes video games some how magically forgets to make their digital purchases account based. Its a design choice from the start just to rip off/control their loyal subjects and it sickens me. Even with Wii U's problem I find it equally as bad as the disc drive found in Xbox One; its a disc blender. How do you not fix a last gen problem?

I find both systems equally designed as poorly. However, if the Wii U ever dropped drastically or were offered to me cheap I'd buy it for just 3 games. Ninja Gaiden 3 Razors Edge, Bayonetta 2, and X. Those are all the games I'd buy. For me personally, unlike the Xbox One, I find at least a small reason to buy a Wii U. Not for the meh 1st party but for the epic 3rd and 2nd party titles as someone not as impressed with modern Nintendo.
---
"Your filthy vomit is what keeps GameFAQs from ever having quality discussions." ~Rurouni720
#9mhollan3Posted 3/29/2014 5:07:40 AM
You have a PS4, get the Wii U and enjoy it. No always on camera, and VC.
---
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE
#10enigma2274Posted 3/29/2014 6:07:05 AM
Would you rather play Halo or Smash, because they will both be out probably around the same time.
---
Playing: Ys Memories of Celceta, Titanfall
PS4 ID: enigma2288 Xbox One Gamertag: enigma2274