Does anybody else only play their WiiU because...

#1zeppo_basicPosted 3/29/2014 7:20:00 PM
They feel guilty for buying it and never playing it? Between my 360, 3DS, and a new PC my poor WiiU just gets neglected, so every month or so I actually pick it up and play simply to justify it still being on my shelf. I actually feel guilty that my wife bought it for me and I never play the thing, guilty enough that I sat and played Super Mario 3D World for about 3 hours today despite Reaper of Souls and Bravely Default calling to me all week. And it's not that I didn't enjoy it, but I know it will be another month or so probably until I play it again, anybody else have this problem?
---
MapleHoodOG
#2the_cajun88Posted 3/29/2014 7:26:33 PM
No.

I haven't played it in 2 months.

However, I'm glad I own it because of the software that's coming.
---
University of Tennessee Alumni
http://i.imgur.com/N8Ey8qd.jpg
#3Kuribo4Posted 3/29/2014 7:35:48 PM
People sure do weird stuff.
No I play the Wii U when I feel like playing, that's the reason I own it.
---
As game developers,our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work. http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/164906/
#4Stanger5150Posted 3/29/2014 7:37:57 PM
Sounds like buyer's remorse. I've never had that issue.

I play it because I've bought some amazing games for it.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#5arstosPosted 3/29/2014 7:42:23 PM(edited)
Nope, been playing Mario 3d world with the wife since I bought it, just started wind waker HD a few days ago, and I just recently transferred my mh3u character from my 3ds and playing mh3u online is one of the main reasons I bought it. Course I've only had it a few weeks lol
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#6QueskerPosted 3/29/2014 7:40:12 PM
Stanger5150 posted...

Can't be buyer's remorse because he never really paid for it; he got it as a gift.

Anyhow, from your situation, it seems like that's just the problem of having multiple systems, especiall current systems. There's no way you'd be able to play them all consistently unless you restricted yourself to like one game per platform or something.
---
7 is good. I swear the school's 75-100 grading scale has ruined peoples perception of things.
-MillionGunmannn
#72wingedangelPosted 3/29/2014 7:44:52 PM
I turn it on every now and then. I usually just end up using the Internet Browser though.

God dammit, it happened again.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194, PSN & Wii U: TsukiMomo
I refuse to buy Pokemon Rumble U until they make a Cyndaquil figurine.
#8Stanger5150Posted 3/29/2014 7:47:26 PM
Quesker posted...
Stanger5150 posted...

Can't be buyer's remorse because he never really paid for it; he got it as a gift.

Anyhow, from your situation, it seems like that's just the problem of having multiple systems, especiall current systems. There's no way you'd be able to play them all consistently unless you restricted yourself to like one game per platform or something.

That's exactly how I do it. I've slowed down on buying games a bit just so I can knock a dent in my 500+ games that I haven't played yet. I actually just opened Tiny Toon Adventures 2 (NES) today, and I've had it since '94... Aaaand it sucks balls.... lol.
---
PSN/NN- BlackRain8782
2600, NES, SMS, GB, Lynx, Genesis, TG-16, SNES, Game Gear, Jaguar, PS1, Saturn, N64, GBC, DC, PS2, GCN, GBA, DS, Wii, PS3, 3DS, Wii U
#9sarmandarPosted 3/29/2014 10:59:21 PM
All my systems take turns getting played so I usually won't touch it for up to 1-2 months, but the same goes for my 3DS and gamecube.
#10tav19Posted 3/29/2014 11:38:35 PM
Nope, at the moment I (imo) have too many games to play (1 Wii U, 6 VC, 7 Wii) on the system with plans to add 2 more by the end of April (NES Remix 2 & SMB3) and on top of that I plan on going back to 100% complete 4 Wii U games that I've already beat.