Oh backwards compatibility, how I love thee.

#11Megamushroom666Posted 3/30/2014 10:55:53 AM
LaManoNeraII posted...
Bought Metroid Prime Trilogy few days ago

An already perfect series made even better with the Wiimote. I'm seriously in heaven every time I play it

I need to find a copy of this.
---
"Deep into that darkness peering..."
SNACKEROO.com
#12HambodiasPosted 3/30/2014 10:57:05 AM
Yes, I'm starting to pick up Wii games that I missed out on. I was able to play a few last gen because friends would let me borrow theirs.

Anyways so far I've picked up Metroid Prime Trilogy, Madworld, and Okami (although I already played it on ps2)

I plan on picking up a lot more such as Xenoblade, SMG1/2, Fire Emblem: RD, Sonic Colors, etc.
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1
#13GamerguymassPosted 3/30/2014 11:05:49 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If it weren't for backwards compatibility, I probably wouldn't own a Wii U yet.
If it were for backwards compatibility, I'd probably own a PS4 by now.

I still wouldn't trust a Sony launch system if I were you. Each one of their previous systems has had some type of major hardware issue. It is part of the reason why Sony systems are the highest selling, because they break down easily and people just buy new ones like it's no big deal. I would always read about people saying they bought up to dour or five PS2s after the previous one broke. I would just think to myself why the hell would anyone do that, but also how can spending that much money be no big deal? It's not like 1500 is some tiny amount.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#14LightHawKnightPosted 3/30/2014 11:11:57 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

I still wouldn't trust a Sony launch system if I were you. Each one of their previous systems has had some type of major hardware issue. It is part of the reason why Sony systems are the highest selling, because they break down easily and people just buy new ones like it's no big deal. I would always read about people saying they bought up to dour or five PS2s after the previous one broke. I would just think to myself why the hell would anyone do that, but also how can spending that much money be no big deal? It's not like 1500 is some tiny amount.

Never really heard of that much problems with ps2.... Now the 360, thats a totally different story.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#15NeonYoshi11Posted 3/30/2014 11:24:51 AM
Same.

I never owned a wii, so right now I get to play Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy 1&2.

Loving my Wii U so far.

These games + NSMBU have been awesome to play.

As soon as I'm done with the Galaxy games I'll be playing SM3DWorld.
#16GamerguymassPosted 3/30/2014 11:31:59 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

Never really heard of that much problems with ps2.... Now the 360, thats a totally different story.

It wasn't as hyped up as RROD was. Part of the reason for that one is the red rings making it catchy for a nickname and much easier to spot. With the PS2 it was just general console failure. The media also wasn't as 24/7 in your face all the time a decade ago as it is now though, so that helped to keep the problem less known. It is telling though when Sony refuses to release the numbers for the failure rate of the PS2. At least I haven't seen anything official.
---
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!
#17n00bsaib0tPosted 3/30/2014 11:40:03 AM
Gamerguymass posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

It wasn't as hyped up as RROD was. Part of the reason for that one is the red rings making it catchy for a nickname and much easier to spot. With the PS2 it was just general console failure. The media also wasn't as 24/7 in your face all the time a decade ago as it is now though, so that helped to keep the problem less known. It is telling though when Sony refuses to release the numbers for the failure rate of the PS2. At least I haven't seen anything official.

A decade ago was 2004. The PS3 was getting ready to come out, the slim PS2 was out with all the bugs worked out. If you want to sound credible try getting the time line right.

Sincerely- someone who has owned three 360s because of hardware failure but has never had a Sony console fail despite owning three PS1s, three PS2s, a PS3, 3 PSPs and a Vita.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#18Lefty128kPosted 3/30/2014 11:40:04 AM
Gamerguymass posted...

No it isn't. That's pretty standard for a company to keep that to themselves. Even when consoles are successful.

You're just trying to build a conspiracy around a fairly ordinary non-disclosure policy.
#19Maxx_the_SlashPosted 3/30/2014 11:41:32 AM
What I'mm mostly happy for with Backwards compatibility on the Wii U is, now I can play Smash Bros. Brawl, Xenoblade Chronicles and Metroid Prime Trilogy without getting Disc Read Errors 30 or more times before the discs finally start working.
---
Opie & Anthony, XM 103/Sirius 206 | AC:NL/3DS: 3222-5637-7984 (Name: Josh)
Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash | XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash
#20ILoveYouPosted 3/30/2014 11:45:04 AM
n00bsaib0t posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
Gamerguymass posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...

A decade ago was 2004. The PS3 was getting ready to come out, the slim PS2 was out with all the bugs worked out. If you want to sound credible try getting the time line right.

Sincerely- someone who has owned three 360s because of hardware failure but has never had a Sony console fail despite owning three PS1s, three PS2s, a PS3, 3 PSPs and a Vita.

you had good luck i went through 3 ps2's all dying of the dreaded dre DISK READ ERROR. the first one died right after the warranty expired like right after. and i was like crying on the phone cuz i spent all my money to buy the console i saved up for like a year and they were like nope you need to give us 179 dollars to fix it. and it took me so long to save back up then i just got a gc instead and bought another ps2 later which also broke. and another when they were cheaper that broke. and then finally got one that still works.
---
Insert witty anecdote here (_______________________)
Overhype, the silent video game killer