Oh backwards compatibility, how I love thee.

#21SlimeSwayzePosted 3/30/2014 12:48:13 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Figures how a positive topic like this sinks to the bottom.

You can't blame people for not talking about old games and a feature they've known about for years. There's really not much to say other than it's nice to have BC.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Infamous SS, and Zombi U.
#22LaManoNeraIIPosted 3/30/2014 4:30:21 PM
Christopher Belmont posted...
^^^

How much did you pay for that one?

Gamestop has them for $50. They were reprinted but Gamestop sells them as used. It's likely the cheapest place you'll find it. They're pretty marked up on Amazon and eBay
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#23n00bsaib0tPosted 3/30/2014 4:58:01 PM
ILoveYou posted...
you had good luck i went through 3 ps2's all dying of the dreaded dre DISK READ ERROR. the first one died right after the warranty expired like right after. and i was like crying on the phone cuz i spent all my money to buy the console i saved up for like a year and they were like nope you need to give us 179 dollars to fix it. and it took me so long to save back up then i just got a gc instead and bought another ps2 later which also broke. and another when they were cheaper that broke. and then finally got one that still works.

I don't see how I got lucky with PS2s. Of all the people I know IRL only one had DREs and he had a PS2 on launch day. Those were the ones with issues.

I have a fat PS2 from a couple years after launch that's got a flip top mod and still works. I got a JP slim to play PSone imports on because the flip top mod only plays import PS2 games, and then got a US slim to set up next to the JP slim as two slims looks better than a fat and a slim. The slims for sure still work like a champ and are about 7 years old each. The fat is about 11 years old at this point and last time I broke it out about a year ago to show off the flip top it still worked.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#24AkaihiryuuPosted 3/30/2014 4:58:43 PM
I just wish that the Wii U could run Gamecube games. The hardware is perfectly capable of Gamecube games. It's just that Nintendo didn't want to add the expense of GC controller ports. :(
#25Xenesis XenonPosted 3/30/2014 5:01:07 PM
Akaihiryuu posted...
I just wish that the Wii U could run Gamecube games. The hardware is perfectly capable of Gamecube games. It's just that Nintendo didn't want to add the expense of GC controller ports. :(

It's not just that - the disc drive would need to be capable of handling the Mini-DVDs that the GCN used without getting them stuck in the drive.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#26Emerald_MeliosPosted 3/30/2014 5:16:15 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...
Its a blast to play through my favorite Wii titles again. Also, I can expand my library since Wii games are a dime a dozen these days.

Just got Red Steel 2. All hail BC!

PS4 shot itself in the face by not having backwards compatibility.
#27SlimeSwayzePosted 3/30/2014 5:47:30 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...
Its a blast to play through my favorite Wii titles again. Also, I can expand my library since Wii games are a dime a dozen these days.

That's why it's a bust.
---
Currently Playing: Dark Souls 2, Infamous SS, and Zombi U.
#28vashtrichamPosted 3/30/2014 5:47:48 PM
Emerald_Melios posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

Not at all and seeing as it will pass 7 million sold it seems to be the opposite. BC is nice to have but not necessary or even needed.
---
Marvel heroes: Cap and Gambit
#29lp913Posted 3/30/2014 5:56:18 PM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
If it weren't for backwards compatibility, I probably wouldn't own a Wii U yet.
If it were for backwards compatibility, I'd probably own a PS4 by now.

Same, but for me just one of the reasons I have a Wii U but also have most definitely boycotted the other 2 new boxes for not having it.
---
[NNID: LPLETHAL79]
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#30Rasputin77Posted 3/30/2014 8:07:45 PM(edited)
SegavsCapcom posted...
Figures how a positive topic like this sinks to the bottom.

The backwards compatibility is awesome - just picked up Skyward Sword and can't wait to try it! - but seriously... when will this board drop the victim card angle?

Confidence in your console, people... you don't express it by constantly posting in fear of people who don't agree with you.

Think about that. Or don't, because I posted it and it's good advice, lol...
---
How to get modded on GameFAQs: 1. Make an observation about behavior on a particular board.
2. Um... that's about it.