I think I just noticed one of the biggest flaws in the Wii U library

#12wingedangelPosted 3/30/2014 7:17:11 PM
Not a single Wii U exclusive RPG has been released for the system outside Japan. Even we take into account what it does right now, the best anyone would come up with is Earthbound or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the latter of which is available on the 3DS.

For crying out loud, the only information we have on the next Zelda game (not counting Hyrule Warriors, but I guess it could be said for that too) is a trailer.

How long until E3?
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194, PSN & Wii U: TsukiMomo
I refuse to buy Pokemon Rumble U until they make a Cyndaquil figurine.
#2lazer_licePosted 3/30/2014 7:26:04 PM
LoL
#3distr0iaPosted 3/30/2014 8:06:01 PM
lazer_lice posted...
LoL

That's a PC game.
#4Pop_SecretPosted 3/30/2014 8:06:55 PM
Your topic seems to be about RPGs, but then you suddenly started talking about Zelda, so I am confused.
---
The Last of Us, FFXIII, DmC, CoD, are some of the very worst games I have ever played (in my opinion) Waiting for a new golden age of video gaming.
#52wingedangel(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2014 3:36:44 AM
Pop_Secret posted...
Your topic seems to be about RPGs, but then you suddenly started talking about Zelda, so I am confused.

Zelda is often compared to RPGs, and the lack of a Zelda game a year after the Wii U released is fairly disturbing, considering it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchise.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194, PSN & Wii U: TsukiMomo
I refuse to buy Pokemon Rumble U until they make a Cyndaquil figurine.
#6DeathSoul2000Posted 3/31/2014 3:41:09 AM
2wingedangel posted...
Pop_Secret posted...

Zelda is often compared to RPGs, and the lack of a Zelda game a year after the Wii U released is fairly disturbing, considering it's one of Nintendo's biggest franchise.

Just because it is compared to RPGs, does not make it one.
#7chloroxPosted 3/31/2014 3:45:48 AM
2wingedangel posted...
Pop_Secret posted...

Even though it's an hd upgrade there is still windwaker...
---
Posted using GameFlux
#8CubeTVPosted 3/31/2014 3:53:37 AM
It's the lack of exclusives in general .Any Wii U game (except the Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8) has some variation on a different system.

Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS) = Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
DK Country Returns /3D\ (Wii or Nintendo 3DS) = DK Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Wii Party (Wii) = Wii Party U (Wii U)
Wii Sports (Wii) = Wii Sports Club (Wii U)
Wii Fit /Plus\ (Wii) = Wii Fit U (Wii U)
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) = Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS) = Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
Smash Bros. 4 (Nintendo 3DS) = Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U)

To make this worse, the company who made this system can't even get four of its new controllers (the gamepad) to work. So you're just stuck with using a pro controller (which should be included with every system) or last gen Wii remotes with motion plus.The gamepad is just a (even though I like it, it has severe flaws) forced thing to use. There's not even a standard direction this system wants to go in. It's just... there for the unknown.
#9RatheVPosted 3/31/2014 4:09:14 AM
CubeTV posted...
It's the lack of exclusives in general .Any Wii U game (except the Wonderful 101, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 and Mario Kart 8) has some variation on a different system.

Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo 3DS) = Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
DK Country Returns /3D\ (Wii or Nintendo 3DS) = DK Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U)
Wii Party (Wii) = Wii Party U (Wii U)
Wii Sports (Wii) = Wii Sports Club (Wii U)
Wii Fit /Plus\ (Wii) = Wii Fit U (Wii U)
Sonic Lost World (Nintendo 3DS) = Sonic Lost World (Wii U)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo 3DS) = Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U)
Smash Bros. 4 (Nintendo 3DS) = Smash Bros. 4 (Wii U)

To make this worse, the company who made this system can't even get four of its new controllers (the gamepad) to work. So you're just stuck with using a pro controller (which should be included with every system) or last gen Wii remotes with motion plus.The gamepad is just a (even though I like it, it has severe flaws) forced thing to use. There's not even a standard direction this system wants to go in. It's just... there for the unknown.

If you're going to do that, though, what games don't have variations on other systems?
#10AvirosbPosted 3/31/2014 4:10:22 AM
2wingedangel posted...
Not a single Wii U exclusive RPG has been released for the system outside Japan. Even we take into account what it does right now, the best anyone would come up with is Earthbound or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the latter of which is available on the 3DS.

For crying out loud, the only information we have on the next Zelda game (not counting Hyrule Warriors, but I guess it could be said for that too) is a trailer.
None of the aforementioned games are anymore RPG than your average Super Mario or Call of Duty.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.