What's a good Wii U list, so far?

#1TroutPastePosted 3/31/2014 10:14:56 PM(edited)
I like to keep track. I plan on buying all major consoles someday, and Wii U is my next target. Any suggestions given in this topic will be compiled.

list of games**
---
TroutPaste....Grade-A nutrition.
http://www.backloggery.com/bannedstyle
#2QuestionmarktariusPosted 3/31/2014 10:20:46 PM(edited)
Lego City Undercover
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
#3streetfighter76Posted 4/1/2014 1:50:39 AM
I only care about online gaming for the most part so even if I don't have a Wii U yet, my 3 choices would be:

1.- Monster Hunter Ultimate
2.- Mario Kart 8
3.- The next Smash Bros

The previous games in those series I mentioned were what kept the Wii relevant for me until they decided to shut down the MH3 servers; I really didn't need too many other Wii games to keep me entertained for hours on end.
I'm sure there are other games that could be quite interesting, such as Pikmin 3 but I simply don't know too much about Wii U's catalog yet.

I truly hope this poor system starts doing better real soon because it's sad for me to see a good company like Nintendo having so many problems trying to sell more units, but the problem I see is that I'm sure many, MANY people are simply too happy with their PS3 consoles, just like me so we don't really need a next-gen system yet if it's not going to offer us something truly unique and innovative.

It also doesn't help that there are very few games for the system that could be seen as console sellers by the masses and that there are not many games that give you the chance to play online.
#4TroutPaste(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2014 2:45:35 PM
How's this?

Super Mario 3D World
New Super Mario Bros U
New Super Luigi U
Pikmin 3
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD
Lego City Undercover
The Wonderful 101
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
---
TroutPaste....Grade-A nutrition.
http://www.backloggery.com/bannedstyle
#5RogueStatus28Posted 4/2/2014 2:57:05 PM
1. Super Mario 3D World
2. DK Country Tropical Freeze
3. LoZ the Wind Waker
4. Darksiders 2
5. Pikmin 3
6. New Super Mario Bro U/ Luigi U
7. Lego City Undercover
8. Toki Tori 2
9. Wonderful 101
10. Splinter Cell Blacklist
Honorable. ZombiU
#6ChicagoTed_Posted 4/2/2014 4:18:16 PM(edited)
This is what I own:

Exclusives
Super Mario 3D World (92.77%)
New Super Mario Bros U (84.48%)
The Legend Of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (91.08%)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (84.33%)
Pikmin 3 (86.59%)
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (83.49%)
The Wonderful 101 (78.02%)
Zombi U (77.25%)
Nintendo Land (77.98%)

Multi-platform
Rayman Legends (93.00%)
Lego Marvel Super Heroes (83.36%)
Skylanders Swap Force (88.44%)

These games are all averaged at 7.5 ratings or higher. Most are above 8. Definitely worth owning.

I also have Mario Kart 8 and Super Smash Bros. Wii U on deck. I have NO CLUE how people think there aren't any good/fun games for Wii U.
---
Member of the Good Traders and Trusted Traders guilds.
[3566-2918-7977] IGN: Bunny
#7streetfighter76Posted 4/2/2014 11:12:55 PM
Of course there are many good games but if you compare them with the HUGE amount of GREAT choices for any genre of your choosing that the ps3 has to offer right now, it's inevitable to think the Wii U is still far behind and we are talking about a console of the past generation.

Who really knows how it's going to look when the BIG titles start to appear for the new systems of the competition. (ps4 & The new Xbox)

I still see that one of the main problems is the lack of good games that you can play online, something that I hope MK8 and the next Smash can help to make it look a little less of a disadvantage against their competitors.
#8SuigintouEVPosted 4/2/2014 11:40:54 PM
TroutPaste posted...
I like to keep track. I plan on buying all major consoles someday, and Wii U is my next target. Any suggestions given in this topic will be compiled.

list of games**

I'd say the following are must-owns:

Wind Waker HD
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Pikmin 3
DKC: Tropical Freeze
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Bayonetta 2*
Mario Kart 8*
X*
SMT x Fire Emblem*
Mighty no 9*
Zelda U*
Guacamelee Super Turbo Champion Edition*

and the following are also worth grabbing:
ZombiU
Nintendo Land
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge
Rayman Legends
Ducktales Remastered
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Boom*
Super Smash Bros 4*
Pier Solar HD*
Armillo*
Teslagrad*

But those are just the ones that appeal to me. There's also Lego City Undercover for those who like sandbox games.

*these games are not actually out yet
---
Hissatsu!!! Burst Spinning Giga Plasma Marble Screw Drill Maximum Tempest Break Punch - Pretty Arcshin Gurren Robo II