Twilight Princess HD releasing before Zelda Wii U. You think it will happen?

#11TruthPosted 4/3/2014 3:40:29 PM
Personally, I'd be fine if it did. Actually, I'd even be fine if Wii U got Twilight Princess HD in exchange for Zelda Wii U becoming a launch title for Nintendo's next console (which will likely have technical specs on par with PS4/One).

Going off the changes made to The Wind Waker HD, the eventual Twilight Princess HD could become the best 3D Zelda since Majora's Mask, if Aonuma goes all out with the changes and improvements. Here's some things they could do to make the HD version great:

1. Make Rupees and Hearts no longer spawn from cutting grass and throwing rocks. In fact, make it so you can only get Rupees from chests and by winning mini-games. You can only recover hearts via Potions.

2. Greatly increase the damage output of standard enemies and make them more ferocious in attacking Link. Also, increase their AI and make them dodge and block moves more often.

3. Make bosses and sub-bosses have much more health and double their animation speed. This will make the fights last longer and also make it more challenging to attack them at just the right moment.

4. Add back the Magic Meter and make it so being in Wolf forms continually drains it. Also, using the Sense ability and the Midna's Area of Effect attack will make it drain even quicker.

5. Add a large amount of new side-quests involving Link helping the many different NPCs in Hyrule. They'll be your typical MMORPG-like fetch quests, but having so many available for all the NPCs in Hyrule will add more gameplay content outside the main story for the player.

6. Increase the amount of collectibles found in Hyrule Field. For example, increase the amount of Bugs to 200 and amount of Poe Souls to 100.

7. Make it so the Twilight Realm is an actual town with houses to enter and a shop to buy unique items from. Make it so you can talk to all the NPCs, some of which offering side-quests. Also, make the town have its own unique mini-game that Link can take part in.

8. After you learn all the Hidden Skills, let the Hero's Shade give Link his sword. This will make up for the lack of a Biggoron Sword in the game. The sword does double damage, but also doubles the amount of damage you receive.

IMO, if all these changes are made to game, Twilight Princess HD will be a 3D Zelda on the same level as Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask.

That's me covered, what changes would you guys like to see in Twilight Princess HD?
---
The Zodiac Brave Theory
A groundbreaking new discovery about the story of Final Fantasy XII. Release: TBA
#2random_man9119Posted 4/3/2014 3:50:46 PM
To answer your topic title... No, I don't think it'll happen...
---
PSN: Des-Nos|NNID: MrOddities
Currently playing: FFX/X2HD,Stick of Truth,Swap Force,Pokemon X
#3NCPwnPosted 4/3/2014 3:51:44 PM
No. TP hasn't aged well.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#4Nerreltron9000Posted 4/3/2014 3:54:58 PM
No amount of tinkering could make Twilight Princess less boring to play.
#5Bahamut_10thPosted 4/3/2014 3:57:24 PM(edited)
1Truth posted...

IMO, if all these changes are made to game, Twilight Princess HD will be a 3D Zelda on the same level as Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask.

That doesn't makes sense.
If you want it on the same level as MM might as well make the game a lot worse.

I'd rather get a 3D remake of The Legend of Zelda than any other HD, 3D or remake people have been asking.
---
The Rolling Western deserves a big budget sequel. People who agree: 3
#6oomomowPosted 4/3/2014 3:56:23 PM
That might as well be a new game. All of the stuff you listed is more like you want Twilight Princess to be even more like Ocarina of Time.
---
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
"All praise the Helix Fossil"
#7random_man9119Posted 4/3/2014 3:57:41 PM
oomomow posted...
That might as well be a new game. All of the stuff you listed is more like you want Twilight Princess to be even more like Ocarina of Time.

Twilight Time? Ocarina of Princess?
---
PSN: Des-Nos|NNID: MrOddities
Currently playing: FFX/X2HD,Stick of Truth,Swap Force,Pokemon X
#8DiscostewSMPosted 4/3/2014 3:57:53 PM
Probably not, considering that TP already came in two flavors.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9XSilverPhoenixXPosted 4/3/2014 3:58:18 PM
I'd be happy with a new Four Swords Adventure with co-op/online multiplayer. Or any 2D/3D top-down Zelda on the console.
#10terrancejonesPosted 4/3/2014 4:04:03 PM(edited)
If the team developing WW HD worked on TP the moment that project finished, it wouldn't be out of the question. That said, I don't know if it would actually happen. Man, It's getting harder and harder keeping all the different teams who worked on what games in my head. Just how many development teams does Nintendo Have?

Well anyways, If this is a dedicated HD remake team, I'd imagine they would work on a Mario game or something. Two Zelda's in a row might be a bit much.
Edit: Just realized. HD remakes... Nico Nico, and rumors of Majora's Mask related to that name, and a convention coming out at the end of this month. Hmmm...
---
If people want the Wii U Cheaper, and the cost of the White model is already the price of the 3DS XL, are they saying they want it the same price as a 3DS?