Which of these two games would be better on the Wii U?

#1quinfordmacPosted 4/6/2014 5:56:56 PM
Well? - Results (49 votes)
Portal
44.9% (22 votes)
Minecraft
55.1% (27 votes)
This poll is now closed.
When I say better, I mean between the two games.
---
YO MOTHER F***ER LET ME TELL YOU A TALE
#2MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2014 5:58:36 PM
Portal would be awesome on the U, specifically Portal 2 co-op due to split screen w/gamepad. Not big on Minecraft.
#3cris1ussenPosted 4/6/2014 6:03:26 PM
Hmmm..., Portal would have great potential for the gamepad use, so i'll pick that game

Also didn't Minecraft will have a WiiU version? (i remember heard that before if i'm not mistake)
---
3DS Code: 1547-5436-7425, Name: Javier
AC:NL Dream Code: 4800-2167-4480
#4quinfordmac(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 6:09:57 PM
cris1ussen posted...
Hmmm..., Portal would have great potential for the gamepad use, so i'll pick that game

Also didn't Minecraft will have a WiiU version? (i remember heard that before if i'm not mistake)

I believe they said that they had no plans to do a version for the wii u
---
YO MOTHER F***ER LET ME TELL YOU A TALE
#5HylianKnight1Posted 4/6/2014 6:14:42 PM
I actually think Minecraft would be perfect for the Wii U, the game pad could display the inventory screen and would be managed by touch controls, this way you don't have to constantly pause the game.
#6mjc0961Posted 4/6/2014 6:20:34 PM
HylianKnight1 posted...
I actually think Minecraft would be perfect for the Wii U, the game pad could display the inventory screen and would be managed by touch controls, this way you don't have to constantly pause the game.

Looking down at the screen is the same thing as pausing; both take you away from the main action going on in the game.

Actually, looking down is worse. At least when you pause, the game world stops. When you just look down at a tablet, everything is still going on the real screen, and it could screw you over. Like Zombi U but instead of being intentional, it's an unfortunate side effect of a stupid, gimmicky controller that does nothing useful and shouldn't exist.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#7Model_SX29Posted 4/6/2014 6:21:02 PM
I say "minecraft" simply because it would make the game's inventory management system a lot more fluid to have it on the bottom screen, whereas I can't think of much that Portal could do with the bottom screen beyond a simple map system.

That said, I would much prefer Portal over Minecraft.
---
I've stopped caring about a lot of things. But not Sonic. Never Sonic. :P
PSN: Fox-WYVERN
#8Kromlech06Posted 4/6/2014 6:22:48 PM
Minecraft with Miiverse + Gamepad support is an instant buy from me, even if it is the gimped 360 version.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#9Granadico_Posted 4/6/2014 6:22:58 PM
mjc0961 posted...
HylianKnight1 posted...

Looking down at the screen is the same thing as pausing; both take you away from the main action going on in the game.

Actually, looking down is worse. At least when you pause, the game world stops. When you just look down at a tablet, everything is still going on the real screen, and it could screw you over. Like Zombi U but instead of being intentional, it's an unfortunate side effect of a stupid, gimmicky controller that does nothing useful and shouldn't exist.

Or you can lift the controller so you can see both the tv and gamepad at once and keep doing stuff while using the gamepad.
---
Used GameFAQs for ages, finally made another account after 6 years.
Currently playing: Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) and M&L:DT (3DS) NNID:Granadico
#10Nerreltron9000Posted 4/6/2014 8:32:33 PM
mjc0961 posted...

It's extremely convenient to have a real time map running in games that require you to check the map frequently when navigating, like when searching for Riddler trophies in Arkham City or hauling up treasure in Wind Waker.

Instead of pausing the game to check if you're at the mark yet, maneuvering and correcting direction, then pausing to check again, then re-correcting a few times until you're on top of the spot, you can use the gamepad to just fly or sail to your destination and make corrections in real time.

Granted, that is a very small benefit, but it still makes those games less frustrating to play. I really missed that luxury when looking for datapacks in Arkham Origins on PC.