Has Nintendo EAD made ANY games with voice chat since the 3DS came out?

#1iKhan88Posted 4/6/2014 6:31:31 PM(edited)
I honestly can't think of any. Pokemon was made by Gamefreak, and games like Mario Kart 7 and Wii Sports Club sure don't have it.

Note to any mods: I mentioned 3DS in the topic title as a time stamp. This topic refers to Wii U games as well.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#2DiscostewSMPosted 4/6/2014 6:35:58 PM
Have there been instances in recent Pokemon games where voice chat demonstrated the same kind of behavior as games like CoD have?
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#3iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 6:37:25 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Have there been instances in recent Pokemon games where voice chat demonstrated the same kind of behavior as games like CoD have?

I don't really play online with Pokemon. I'm using a college internet connection, and all my 3DS friends are from college, so for some reason, it doesn't work with the same connection.
---
"That does not excuse the things we have done. It is merely a motive, not a justification" --Kratos Aurion
#4Blacknite08Posted 4/6/2014 6:42:37 PM
I think that the only Nintendo published games with voice chat besides Pokemon are Metroid Prime Hunters and Animal Crossing City Folk. So no.
---
I need to change my sig
#5DrunkenWhalePosted 4/6/2014 6:47:28 PM
The last time a game from EAD was made with any sort of voice chat, it was the Wii Animal Crossing game because it was, at least for the US, packaged with the Wii voice thing.

So no... I don't think it's something EAD really cares too much about. They care much more about solid gameplay.
---
I really never use signatures to be honest, but I figured I would put one here anyway.
#6Kromlech06Posted 4/6/2014 6:48:58 PM
Blacknite08 posted...
I think that the only Nintendo published games with voice chat besides Pokemon are Metroid Prime Hunters and Animal Crossing City Folk. So no.

Well "published by Nintendo" opens the door for Monster Hunter 3U HD, which has voice chat.

No EAD games have had voice chat in recent times.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#7iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 6:51:16 PM
Wow that's really sad. Nintendo is all about creating a unified hardware-software experience, but their software division basically pretends one hardware feature doesn't exist.
---
#8Emerald_MeliosPosted 4/6/2014 8:42:38 PM
iKhan88 posted...
Wow that's really sad. Nintendo is all about creating a unified hardware-software experience, but their software division basically pretends one hardware feature doesn't exist.

What would this really add to Mario Kart that would justify implementing it? Remember, this isn't like Monster Hunter or an MMO.
#9iKhan88(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2014 8:46:26 PM(edited)
Emerald_Melios posted...
iKhan88 posted...

What would this really add to Mario Kart that would justify implementing it? Remember, this isn't like Monster Hunter or an MMO.

I didn't say Mario Kart. If Nintendo doesn't think Voice Chat would add to Mario Kart, so be it. But that doesn't explain why NO games have it. Hell, even Animal Crossing New Leaf doesn't have it, and the Wii game did.

We complain about the Gamepad not being used, but at least Nintendo takes advantage of SOME of its features with all their games. Nintendo completely ignores their voice chat functionality.
---
#10LatchKeyKidPosted 4/6/2014 8:45:59 PM
As an XBox Live subscriber from almost the beginning of that service, Nintendo fans aren't missing much.