Anyway to make Wii games look not as bad?

#1HambodiasPosted 4/6/2014 8:51:11 PM
Okay I'm not usually bothered by dated graphics.

but I picked up okami, and it looks pretty bad on wii mode. I played Metroid Prime and it didn't look this bad. I absolutely love the art style of okami and didn't have this problem when I played it on the ps2 only a couple years back.

Is there any adjustments I can make to my tv or to the wii u settings to make it look not as bad?
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1
#2XD375Posted 4/6/2014 10:15:54 PM
I hate to be that guy, but is getting the PS3 version a viable option for you? I understand if you don't want to spend any extra money or if you don't have a PlayStation, but it's probably the best way to play the game.
#3MilesTeg420Posted 4/6/2014 10:20:14 PM
Dolphin or hook it up to an SDTV.
#4GriffPosted 4/7/2014 7:21:43 AM
Try setting your Wii U to 480P, I've heard that helps with older games.
#5mhollan3Posted 4/7/2014 7:37:57 AM
Or use a set of AV cables.
---
I have a Wii U. WEEEEEEE
#6adampeltzPosted 4/7/2014 7:41:23 AM
Griff posted...
Try setting your Wii U to 480P, I've heard that helps with older games.

This. Your TV's scaler might be better than the Wii U. But it's not likely.

I actually think the Wii U outputs Wii games rather cleanly.
---
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0
Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#7Hambodias(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 8:52:50 AM
XD375 posted...
I hate to be that guy, but is getting the PS3 version a viable option for you? I understand if you don't want to spend any extra money or if you don't have a PlayStation, but it's probably the best way to play the game.

I was considering picking up a ps3 for all the exclusives I missed, but I'm really trying to add to my wii/wii u library, plus I wanted to try out the motion controls for okami. There are also a lot of other games that were exclusive to wii that I wanted to play so this was just for most of the games in wii mode anyways.

I guess I'll just have to try the 480p method unless someone knows something better
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1