"If I personally don't use or like a feature, it shouldn't be implemented"

#1LightningaIePosted 4/7/2014 4:59:18 AM
What is with this mentality I see so many Nintendo loyalists regurgitating in various ideas such as voice chat, online multiplayer, etc.?

Why are so many people vehemently against giving players more options? Those people need to get it through their heads that they aren't the only gamers in existence and not only do some people actually (GASP!) use things like voice chat in gaming but they actually enjoy them.

I mean some of the atrocious attempts to rationalize this kind of thinking is downright embarrassing.
#2b1gt0nePosted 4/7/2014 5:02:16 AM
Boogers
#3SmashBro25Posted 4/7/2014 5:03:09 AM
100% agree with this. It's frustrating to try to even voice very logical opinions on these matters when this is the mentality.
---
Check out Pokemon - The Abridged Series at:
http://www.youtube.com/RocketsUnderground
#4sonicsonicPosted 4/7/2014 5:04:16 AM
The real question is....

Would you a buy a toaster that plays DVD's ?
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack
#5TrueBlue91Posted 4/7/2014 5:22:05 AM
Sums up this fanbase well.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
"This isn't even apples to oranges. More like toast to bears." - Bloodychess
#6AvirosbPosted 4/7/2014 5:23:25 AM
LightningaIe posted...
Why are so many people vehemently against giving players more options?
Right now? Because it's fun.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#7AhnoldDoodPosted 4/7/2014 5:30:32 AM
"If someone else used this feature, it should be in every game ever."

Sums up the "industry standard" argument pretty well.

But let's not forget:

"If I like this feature, it should be in every game ever."

"Its only a bad thing if Nintendo does/doesn't do it."

I like how you say "How is it bad to have options?", as if its that damn simple. If I had the option of silently playing online or listening to loud mouth brats from miles away, I'd prefer if the latter never existed at all.
#8Tortus2Posted 4/7/2014 5:31:05 AM
I'm not against voice chat. I just don't see why it should be implemented in every game with online. Some games I can understand, like ones with co-op and if a Mario Party was released with online.

That said, I don't see why some people refuse to buy Mario Kart 8 because voice chat probably won't be in it.
---
3DS FC: 1075 - 0819 - 0953; NNID - Sir_Eef
Pokemon White Version 2 FC - 2838 7984 6351
#9IlluminoiusPosted 4/7/2014 5:35:14 AM
people have always been upset at the lack of communication
#10LightningaIe(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2014 5:38:43 AM
Again, the s****y rationalization attempts by the MK fanboys need to stop. It would be one thing if this was just a single player game. But not only does it have a multiplayer mode, it's being touted as one of the foremost multiplayer focused games on the system. If you're going to bother implementing online multiplayer, you need to flesh it out the best you can. This is common sense stuff. And once more, so long as it's optional, how does it affect people who don't care for it?