Why do people like "real" sports games???

#1zado19Posted 4/8/2014 7:01:49 AM
the only real sports games i remember playing are NBA courtside on 64, some baseball game on PS1 with the Dream Team (you know the one) and NHL Blitz (or maybe it was Hits....) the one where your players would catch on fire, man was that game fun.

but really, i can only see myself buying something like Mario Golf or Tennis (which i also played in the old days) bc they are more "cartoony"

so to those who play the more realistic sports games, what is there draw for you??
---
japan would set a record for most suicides in one day if she (Hanazawa Kana) had a sex scandal. Their blood would be on her ***** - 2Dover3D
#2CranberryPSOPosted 4/8/2014 7:03:56 AM
I like baseball ones if they control well. I often have trouble finding one that I am satisfied with the control scheme though.
---
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 3
#3JobocanPosted 4/8/2014 7:04:32 AM
People don't like fun.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#4AurawhispererPosted 4/8/2014 7:12:56 AM
MLB, hockey, and FIFA are always fun to mess with. I despise football the most
---
Pokemon X/Y... not so appealing. Done with this generation already
FC is- 3695 0271 8597. Zak: Safari Flying- Woobat, Farfetch'd, and Rufflet.
#5JohnnyKoochPosted 4/8/2014 7:20:51 AM
Yeah man just because you don't like sports games doesn't mean everyone can't like them.

FIFA is fun to play, especially in a time when you have a soccer itch but its too wet outside, or your mates can't play, etc.

I found that it helped me in my overall real world playing, especially in the mindset.

And I love Mario Strikers just as much, but they are both incredibly different and I choose what to play at that moment by asking; "Realistic and fun, or Crazy and fun?"
#6mcsmellingtonPosted 4/8/2014 7:26:50 AM
I quite like the FIFA games despite having no real interest in professional football. They're just fun, well made games.
---
GT: McPoo Friend Code: 0146-9590-6349
PSN/NNID: McSmellington
#7NemerlightPosted 4/8/2014 7:49:51 AM
I dont really follow soccer apart World Cup but love FIFA games.
---
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#8king_maddenPosted 4/8/2014 7:52:56 AM
they are fun.

football, basketball, soccer, hockey, baseball. i believe theres a cricket game out there somewhere too that i want to try. people like them for some of the same reasons people like other games, fun, challenging, you can play 100 diff people with 100 diff play styles. also the added feeling that you can play as or manage your favorite teams or players.
#9BaronVladzPosted 4/8/2014 7:55:25 AM
I played football back in school, I enjoy watching football, I enjoy keeping up with my favorite teams, and I enjoy playing football video games using my favorite teams and players, what's wrong with that? You can ask the same question for any game, ie. "Why do people like side scroller games?" Different strokes for different folks, and that's all good.
#10atomicxPosted 4/8/2014 7:57:59 AM
I agree TC. The most fun I had with a baseball game was Power Pros on the Wii. I like it so much that I import it from Japan to play on my Vita since they don't release it in North America anymore. Sure, I have to play with Japanese teams and stadiums, but it's still the funnest baseball to play imo. I tried to like games like MLB The Show and others, but the ultra-realistic style just puts me off. For instance, one of the things that annoy me most is when you are playing a game and half the field will be in the sun while the other half is covered in a dark shadow. I don't want to see that when I'm playing a video game, realistic or not.