Honestly, Nintendo knows what's best for them more than any of you guys do.

#21googlerPosted 4/8/2014 8:08:01 PM
Nintendo doesn't have to listen to everything people say they want, but there are things that are just stupid to ignore. Sony did the we know what's better for you more than you do thing for several years with many of their electronics and it didn't help them one bit, although I dont think Nintendo's main issue is arrogance - it was utter indecisiveness on what the Wii U was supposed to be and then they decided to double down on not knowing what to do with it in the hopes it will fix itself somehow.

I think most people on gamefaqs would make good analysts since most haven't bough a U and don't plan to, and made the best financial decision ever
#22ThunderPotato(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 8:29:27 PM
googler posted...
ThunderPotato posted...
The armchair market analysts on this board would have Nintendo bankrupt within 5 years. So why don't we stop complaining about Smash Bros coming out on the 3DS first?

so by that logic, the junkie addicted to pain killers and the hobo that has to drink himself under with Listerine knows what's best for them too. Maybe if they bothered to listen to armchair analysts once in a while then they wouldn't be in a rut

What. The junkie is equally as knowledgeable in this area as the armchair analyst, that is to say, not at all. I'd love to know where this even came from...
---
Now Playing: Gundam vs. Gundam Next and Persona 3 Portable.
GameFAQs: Single greatest reason to support eugenics.
#23Kromlech06Posted 4/8/2014 8:55:00 PM
If there's one things trolls do well, it's project their own incompetence and inadequacies onto global corporations.

Sony can't change that, Nintendo can't change that.

Ain't nobody goin change that.
---
3DS FC: 2277-6801-3957
#24Razgriz27Posted 4/8/2014 8:55:42 PM
ThunderPotato posted...
The armchair market analysts on this board would have Nintendo bankrupt within 5 years. So why don't we stop complaining about Smash Bros coming out on the 3DS first?

Look. I was predicting at least two years prior to the Wii U that it would be outclassed and void of market interest and third parties. Not because I'm a troll, but because everything that was happening was so damn predictable it was like watching a rerun. I was warning people for years about the oncoming problems and all I got for my troubles was assurance by blowhards he don't know anything other than blind loyalty.

I have the same feeling now that I did all those years. Nintendo does NOT know what is best for their company. They are totally lost in the modern gaming era. They don't understand how to adapt and survive while maintaining their charm and integrity that we all love.

Its been misstep, after misstep, after misstep.Along with Drought, after drought, with another one upcoming. Nintendo doesn't know what its doing. The "armchair analysts" do sometimes know better than the corporation at what to do.

You know why? Because they are the target (or should be), they are the consumer. They know what they want. Nintendo is one that doesn't get it.

It is so...damn...simple. Give the people what they want, they know better than Nintendo what that is.
#25ThunderPotato(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 10:22:50 PM
Razgriz27 posted...
ThunderPotato posted...

Look. I was predicting at least two years prior to the Wii U that it would be outclassed and void of market interest and third parties. Not because I'm a troll, but because everything that was happening was so damn predictable it was like watching a rerun. I was warning people for years about the oncoming problems and all I got for my troubles was assurance by blowhards he don't know anything other than blind loyalty.

I have the same feeling now that I did all those years. Nintendo does NOT know what is best for their company. They are totally lost in the modern gaming era. They don't understand how to adapt and survive while maintaining their charm and integrity that we all love.

Its been misstep, after misstep, after misstep.Along with Drought, after drought, with another one upcoming. Nintendo doesn't know what its doing. The "armchair analysts" do sometimes know better than the corporation at what to do.

You know why? Because they are the target (or should be), they are the consumer. They know what they want. Nintendo is one that doesn't get it.

It is so...damn...simple. Give the people what they want, they know better than Nintendo what that is.

No, they don't know better than Nintendo actually, because the problem is, gamers haven't quite reached hivemind status yet.

I'm glad you wanna pat yourself on the back for guessing an obvious prediction, but there's no way you personally know how to get Nintendo ahead financially anymore than they do, sorry.
---
Now Playing: Gundam vs. Gundam Next and Persona 3 Portable.
GameFAQs: Single greatest reason to support eugenics.
#26TerotrousPosted 4/8/2014 11:15:44 PM(edited)
Nah, to be honest, they clearly don't. The problem is that they're pretty out of touch with what gamers actually want, most of us have a far better idea about that than they do. I'm sure most of us could come up with several ideas that would just blow everyone away, but instead they just keep going to the same old safe choices that are quietly killing Wii U.

They've also made a ton of choices that everyone predicted would hurt them at the time, and unsurprisingly, they did actually hurt them. For example, refusing to localize most of Wii's later titles and dropping support on the system early clearly killed most of the momentum for Wii U, just like everyone said it was going to.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
http://whatliesbeyondnovel.blogspot.ca/ - My novel, updates weekly
#27Paulf001Posted 4/8/2014 11:17:01 PM
Nintendo would of been doing a lot better if they returned to their NES roots had a simple controller. Use the SNES design add 2 sticks no gamepad. Sell it for like $200.
#28Skill4ReelPosted 4/8/2014 11:52:31 PM
googler posted...
Nintendo doesn't have to listen to everything people say they want, but there are things that are just stupid to ignore. Sony did the we know what's better for you more than you do thing for several years with many of their electronics and it didn't help them one bit, although I dont think Nintendo's main issue is arrogance - it was utter indecisiveness on what the Wii U was supposed to be and then they decided to double down on not knowing what to do with it in the hopes it will fix itself somehow.

I think most people on gamefaqs would make good analysts since most haven't bough a U and don't plan to, and made the best financial decision ever

This console went through R&D for how many years? You see, this is exactly what ThunderPotato was referring to. Rest assured that even though the Wii U may not have performed in sales the way some have expected, and it may not be the most popular console on the shelf right now. The Wii U however is exactly the HD console that Nintendo wanted to make. Indecisiveness? Where did you get that from?

This is the problem with the wannabe Michael Pachter gaming generation. Everyone is an expert on finances now, which somehow translates into knowing everything about video games. How else would Pachter have a show on GT for so long where people continuously ask him questions about video games that he hasn't got a clue about? LOL. Yet, they hang on to his every word like the old wise man with infinite gaming knowledge.

That's the problem. Instead of getting excited about playing Smash Bros on Wii U later this year, people are thinking about how the release date will affect Nintendo's finances.
#29Rasputin77Posted 4/9/2014 4:27:30 AM
I'm betting most of your 'armchair market analysts' on this board either a) still live with their parents, b) still have acne, or both. (get it?) You're not envisioning your audience, TC - a necessity on this site, and especially this board.

So why don't we stop complaining about Smash Bros coming out on the 3DS first?

Who is "we"? Please don't follow the trend of this "collective Borg-like" thinking, and respect the boundaries of a public message board.

And, for the record, this is "Why do complete strangers think differently than me?" thread # 2,570, if my count is correct. ;P
---
Cutest thing I've seen all week: Another user fantasizing about violence against me, in a thread I hadn't even posted in yet. <3