"Third parties don't release for Nintendo consoles because they can't compete.."

#21demesjos2Posted 4/8/2014 8:00:30 PM
Nintendo still charges more for royalties than Sony or MS. That is still mistreating third parties. Charge them more to sell barely any units. They wonder why most of the third parties abandoned the Wii-U
#22AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2014 8:01:01 PM
RogueStatus28 posted...
Coming off that Smash Bros direct and last week's Mario Kart 8 trailer… These look like the best games I've seen, ever.

All I can say is you obviously haven't played many games.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#23bandit__74Posted 4/11/2014 2:43:40 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
It doesn't bother you guys that pledge allegiance to non-Nintendo console platforms that your own first part software isn't the priority for many of the console owners of those platforms? How come Killzone isn't outselling Call of Duty yet? Even though Call of Duty Ghosts was weak as hell last year?

It's true that if you go by sales. Mario, Zelda, and all Nintendo IP's sell Nintendo consoles more than any third party software does. COD holds no weight on this platform like the fat plumber in suspenders does. There is no competition. This topic doesn't even make any sense. You state the facts, and then try to refute them? Why spend all day on VGchartz obsessing over numbers just to be in denial about them?

Tropical Freeze is already crapping all over COD on this platform after only a few months. That doesn't look like competition to me.

Why should anyone care where the games are coming from? Personally, as long as I have good games to play why would I care if they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party?

Secondly, why would anyone pledge allegiance to a system? That seems pretty weird...
#24Baha05Posted 4/11/2014 2:45:33 PM
bandit__74 posted...
Why should anyone care where the games are coming from? Personally, as long as I have good games to play why would I care if they are 1st, 2nd or 3rd party?

Secondly, why would anyone pledge allegiance to a system? That seems pretty weird...

This though I would argue it matters as to how a developer treats certain groups of gamers. Mainly how some 3rd party devs have gimped games on the Wii U is rather insulting.
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#25Skill4ReelPosted 4/11/2014 3:10:38 PM
bandit__74 posted...

I agree. Only these boards are filled with people who do both. Why do Nintendo console owners get criticized for supporting Nintendo software the most, as if supporting Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty would somehow be a better idea?

Baha05 posted...
This though I would argue it matters as to how a developer treats certain groups of gamers. Mainly how some 3rd party devs have gimped games on the Wii U is rather insulting.

Wii U console owners have been getting treated like second rate consumers by Ubisoft since the beginning. What message are they sending to Wii U console owners when the finished version of Rayman Legends is held back sacrificing them for other console owners? Then the Wii U version of Watch Dogs gets delayed while they make the other versions the priority.

They are telling Wii U owners that "You don't matter to us as much as they do." Which is exactly why Nintendo's own software will continue to dominate on this console just like all of the others.
#26BaronVladzPosted 4/11/2014 3:14:11 PM
Skill4Reel posted...
They are telling Wii U owners that "You don't matter to us as much as they do." Which is exactly why Nintendo's own software will continue to dominate on this console just like all of the others.

To play devil's advocate, the sales of 3rd party games on the Wii U had always been abysmal, and it's an understandable business strategy to maximize your profits when you know what platform your games will sell the most on given the audience and install base.
#27sharinaginPosted 4/11/2014 3:20:55 PM(edited)
Baha05 posted...
. Dues Ex on the Wii U had zero chances once the gamepad features became non exclusive and at $50 instead of $30.
Or because it was just basically a DLC compilation release of a game that had been out for over two years already. I mean lets not forget that part.

Skill4Reel posted...
They are telling Wii U owners that "You don't matter to us as much as they do."
If you are taking the realities of business decision making as a personal insult you're in too deep.
---
Our knowledge has made us cynical. Our cleverness, hard and unkind. We think too much and feel too little. More than machinery we need humanity.
#28sharinaginPosted 4/11/2014 3:16:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#29squatch22Posted 4/11/2014 3:23:41 PM
BaronVladz posted...
Skill4Reel posted...

To play devil's advocate, the sales of 3rd party games on the Wii U had always been abysmal, and it's an understandable business strategy to maximize your profits when you know what platform your games will sell the most on given the audience and install base.

Well 3rd party Wii U games have been gimped since day 1.
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#30CSplitterPosted 4/11/2014 3:24:39 PM
You people tend to blow the stupid **** some fans tend to say WAY out of proportion.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif