"Third parties don't release for Nintendo consoles because they can't compete.."

#31Core_PrimePosted 4/11/2014 3:28:32 PM
They can't compete because people buy Nintendo consoles for primarily Nintendo games and software. So there's less money to be made and therefore less incentive to ensure a 3rd-party following. There's no creepy conspiracy to derail Nintendo. It's all Nintendo's doing.
---
"I can practically see those tears on the other side of that monitor."
- DeathSoul2000
#32MilesTeg420Posted 4/11/2014 3:36:46 PM
Core_Prime posted...
They can't compete because people buy Nintendo consoles for primarily Nintendo games and software. So there's less money to be made and therefore less incentive to ensure a 3rd-party following. There's no creepy conspiracy to derail Nintendo. It's all Nintendo's doing.

They usually release tons of games so honestly it's kinda true. There is only so much room in the wallet. Which is why Nintendo should probably just say goodbye to third party and make as many games as possible, because Nintendo making less games shouldn't be an option. That's where they make their money. A Nintendo console with 20 Nintendo games a year practically can't fail, and Nintendo can simply make games in the genres that they are lacking in.
#33Skill4ReelPosted 4/11/2014 3:41:36 PM
sharinagin posted...
To play devil's advocate, the sales of 3rd party games on the Wii U had always been abysmal, and it's an understandable business strategy to maximize your profits when you know what platform your games will sell the most on given the audience and install base.

ZombiU is still one of the top selling third party titles on the platform. Why? because it was a reason to buy the Wii U unlike most of the other third party software that has been released so far.

What is even more understandable to me more than 3rd party business strategies is why so many people didn't want to bother with the Wii U versions of NBA 2K13, Madden 13, COD Black Ops 2, COD Ghosts, etc. That is because Nintendo's software on the Wii U platform is far more appealing.

sharinagin posted...
If you are taking the realities of business decision making as a personal insult you're in too deep.

Hahaha! You are telling me this on the Wii U boards of all places where 90% of the topics are people acting as if Nintendo personally insulted their mothers. What I've done is give a logical explanation as to why third party games (especially Ubisofts's) aren't viewed by Nintendo console owners with the same excitement as Nintendo's own games.
#34stalemate_666Posted 4/11/2014 3:45:18 PM
caffeinepirate posted...
What? Who believes that?

Third party devs don't release much for Nintendo because

1) Nintendo has historically treated them poorly

2) Nintendo systems tend to be very difficult to develop for

3) Nintendo doesn't have robust online support, so people won't buy third party games for Nintendo systems if they don't have a huge online community of people to play with.

4) Nintendo's systems have been underpowered to the point where newer games like Batman can't even run well on them. And consumers don't want watered down versions of their third party game when they can get the complete version on PS or XB.

5) The few games third party's have released on wiiU have not sold well

6) The install base is so small on the wiiU and the fact it is seen as a secondary console means that a significant percentage of people who bought it on wiiU would've bought it on another system anyways so the developer is just essentially wasting time.

7) They don't want to use the tablet controller for anything or be yelled it for not using it for something super unique despite fact Nintendo themselves haven't... (honestly that thing is only good for off tv play)
---
psn: Stalemate666
#35Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 4/11/2014 4:09:30 PM
AstralFrost posted...
HyruleWarriors posted...
Did anyone actually think that? I thought it was more of a mix of underpowered hardware with lack of sales of games.

People have been posting it on this board for ages like its some badge of honor as to why the Wii U isn't getting third party support.

Yup. It was typical Wii fanboy nonsense. No third party ever said that, and the logic behind that thinking is pretty much nonexistent.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#36Tails555Posted 4/11/2014 9:30:06 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
HyruleWarriors posted...
Did anyone actually think that? I thought it was more of a mix of underpowered hardware with lack of sales of games.

People have been posting it on this board for ages like its some badge of honor as to why the Wii U isn't getting third party support.

Yup. It was typical Wii fanboy nonsense. No third party ever said that, and the logic behind that thinking is pretty much nonexistent.

Except sales data.
---
...the only reason that the Wii sold was due to casuals buying Wii Sports and Wii fit. Nothing to do with first party games. -AstralFrost
#37Starwars4JPosted 4/11/2014 9:31:56 PM
Third party devs have literally said that, sounds like you're in denial little man
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#38AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2014 9:51:33 PM
Starwars4J posted...
Third party devs have literally said that, sounds like you're in denial little man

Please link me to an article where third parties said they won't release on the Wii U because they can't compete with Nintendo games. I'll take your silence and inability to provide said proof as a withdrawal of your claim.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#39KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/11/2014 9:54:22 PM
Nintendo doesn't get 3P titles because the industry wants Nintendo dead. That isn't hard at all to notice.
#40HermeticJusticePosted 4/11/2014 9:55:16 PM
are you asking me or telling me?
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013