Does Wii U outsell Gamecube lifetime sales? How does it affect Future Console?

#1Inferno_21Posted 4/9/2014 1:50:43 PM(edited)
Let us be serious here, Wii U is on pace to probably sell a lifetime of 5 year sales less then Gamecube's 22 Million which is the lowest ever for a Console by Nintendo (No Virtual Boy)

What do you guys think Nintendo's management do after this? Do they just go ahead and make a new console knowing their previous one was a big failure in the market place? Do they just focus on their handhelds and start making their Console games for the competitors machines?

I seriously will be surprised if Nintendo announces a new console after Wii U. They can only invest so much into making a new machine if the sales are not going to be there and with PS4 and XBONE already on the market. I think Nintendo may not make another console after this if the Wii U fails to break the 20 million mark.

What do you guys think? Keep in mind the current Wii U sales and lack of 3rd party support.
---
MGS4 = Best Game this Generation
#2Griff6260Posted 4/9/2014 1:49:32 PM
I'm guessing an x86 Clonebox. That's what the market wants and that's what they'll need to deliver.
---
Oh, hi Mark.
#3AhnoldDoodPosted 4/9/2014 1:50:42 PM
Congrats on making a thread that makes no damn sense.
#4Inferno_21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:51:17 PM
AhnoldDood posted...

Elaborate please.
---
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 4/9/2014 1:52:18 PM
Inferno_21 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Elaborate please.

First of all,. the grammar is all over the goddamn place, second, somehow not outselling the Gamecube means they shouldn't make a new console? Despite going through worse?
#6CubeTVPosted 4/9/2014 1:53:42 PM(edited)
The Wii U has the potential to be amazing, yet no one isn't even trying to do anything with it. Not even Nintendo since they would rather focus on the Nintendo 3DS. The Wii U is just Nintendo's HD training wheels at this point.
---
The Wii U is not a Nintendo system. If it sounds like I'm trolling, it's not. It's just my extremely low consumer confidence with the system.
#7bigjnycPosted 4/9/2014 1:53:17 PM
I could see it selling anywhere from 20 to 40 million. I don't see the PS4 or Xbox One doing much more than 60 million. Only well these systems sell more than 60 million is if the generation is one of those extra long ones like last gen.
---
You can get me on XBL and Mii Verse as bigJnyc...feel free to add me and message me Gamefaqs so I know where your from...
#8caffeinepiratePosted 4/9/2014 1:53:31 PM
Nintendo has already announced the QOL machine that should hit the market next year. That's a Plan B if I've ever heard one.

In before "but Nintendo said the QOL won't replace home video game consoles." Of course they would say that. PR 101: never say anything pessimistic about your company, even if it's true.
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 4/9/2014 1:55:07 PM
caffeinepirate posted...
Nintendo has already announced the QOL machine that should hit the market next year. That's a Plan B if I've ever heard one.

In before "but Nintendo said the QOL won't replace home video game consoles." Of course they would say that. PR 101: never say anything pessimistic about your company, even if it's true.

Seems you have no goddamn clue how PR works, since if it was replacing consoles, they would hhave said so, because they have no reason not to.
#10Inferno_21(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:55:11 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Inferno_21 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Elaborate please.

First of all,. the grammar is all over the goddamn place, second, somehow not outselling the Gamecube means they shouldn't make a new console? Despite going through worse?

Not outselling the Gamecube means it is the worst performing Console in the companies History. Nintendo keeps on posting losses and it is because of the Wii U. So how is it that the company and investors would want to make a new console if they failed in market with their last one? I would like nothing more for Nintendo to make consoles forever, but if the sales are bad how long can the business last?
---