Given there are 7 times as many 3DS owners as Wii U owners

#1BaronVladzPosted 4/9/2014 1:50:16 PM
How many of the 3DS-only gamers will be tempted enough by the Wii U's performance this year and with the later release of Smash bros to go out and buy a Wii U?

Globally, 3DS sales are 43.85 million while Wii U sales are 5.96 million.
http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

Before anyone bashes VGchartz, they have been shown to be accurate for console sales.

And the retail titles of the Wii U for 2014:
January-nothing
February- DKC-TF
MARCH- nothing
April- nothing
May- Mario Kart
June- nothing
July-nothing
August- nothing
September- nothing
October- maybe bayonetta
November- maybe bayonetta
December- maybe smash
#2squatch22Posted 4/9/2014 1:51:08 PM
VGLolz
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#3Baha05Posted 4/9/2014 1:51:32 PM
Depends on what E3 introduces and what other past and present Wii U titles interest a gamer
---
"DLC has always and still means all downloaded content, but of course Nintendo fanboys always did and will bend logic to suit their ignorance."
#4CubeTVPosted 4/9/2014 1:55:51 PM
Maybe in 2015, the makers of the Wii U will actually, try to put effort into the system?
---
The Wii U is not a Nintendo system. If it sounds like I'm trolling, it's not. It's just my extremely low consumer confidence with the system.
#5BaronVladz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 1:57:35 PM
squatch22 posted...
VGLolz

Thanks for the rich contribution to discussion, unless you have a source for sales figures, these are consistent with the latest reports
#6squatch22Posted 4/9/2014 1:59:33 PM
Well, I know ppl like u don't like official numbers.
---
According to a certain troll I'm in possession of a time machine, as he claims he can prove I live with my mum... who died in 2002.
#7MushroomMuncherPosted 4/9/2014 2:00:02 PM
BaronVladz posted...
Before anyone bashes VGchartz, they have been shown to be accurate for console sales.

they have been shown to be accurate for console sales

shown to be accurate

accurate

Credibility=Lost
---
You don't want to make the bet because you know you're wrong since your account was set up as a parody of Nintendo fanboys. ~DaLagga
#8AhnoldDoodPosted 4/9/2014 2:00:11 PM
CubeTV posted...
Maybe in 2015, the makers of the Wii U will actually, try to put effort into the system?

Your definition of effort is slapping "Nintendo" before the console's name, kid.
#9BaronVladz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2014 2:04:21 PM
MushroomMuncher posted...
BaronVladz posted...

they have been shown to be accurate for console sales

shown to be accurate

accurate

Credibility=Lost

I don't get it, are you trying to contribute to the discussion? Are you saying that the 3DS is not that far ahead of Wii U in sales? Are you saying the numbers are way off? Even Nintendo websites have reported similar numbers, how about some useful input?
#102wingedangelPosted 4/9/2014 2:09:07 PM
Because all the Wii U has is (the definitive version of) SSB and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.
---
3DS FC: 1048-8562-6194, PSN & Wii U: TsukiMomo
I refuse to buy Pokemon Rumble U until they make a Cyndaquil figurine.