Sorry, but Metroid IS a FPS.

#1LightningaIePosted 4/10/2014 4:16:44 PM
These excuses are getting ridiculous. Nintendo fans are the only people you ever see trying to make arguments like this. Is the game set in first person? Yes. Does the gameplay consist of shooting things? Yes. Then you have a first person shooter.

If you actually played games on systems besides the ones Nintendo produces enough to explore the FPS genre, you'd realize that adding additional elements does not mean a FPS is a "FPA". Stuff like Deus Ex and Half-Life disprove those silly assertions. No, not every FPS is a clone of Call of Duty.

And no, liking a FPS game does not make you any less of a gamer or a dudebro. There's no reason to be ashamed of liking. Stop trying to treat FPS games as if they're some taboo. And no, developer say so does not negate the fact they're FPS games. Capcom still tries to label RE4-6 as survival horror games. Doesn't mean they can be called as such.

Metroid is a FPS. Accept that reality, deal with it, and stop making all these asinine excuses. It's beyond ridiculous and just reeks of insecurity.
#2DecaprePosted 4/10/2014 4:18:43 PM
Gotta show me that FPS mode back in Super Metroid dude.
---
I've been told my love for Chun-Li is insanity and sinful, well God.... That's exactly what I wish for =)
http://i.imgur.com/pUKnDVo.gif
#3KyoReiseTaisenPosted 4/10/2014 4:19:13 PM
/Idiocy.

Metroid PRIME is FPS in terms of combat, but the overall game is an action/adventure game. Thus, it's an Action/Adventure FPS.

NOBODY disputes that.
#4HermeticJusticePosted 4/10/2014 4:19:35 PM
there is an extra credits video around here that disproves this, wait while I look for it
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#5Demon_AckerPosted 4/10/2014 4:19:52 PM
Metroid PRIME is an FPS
"metroid is an FPS" lol nice
---
http://i.imgur.com/ZNPzaVy.jpg
#6NikraPosted 4/10/2014 4:20:15 PM
You mean "Metroid Prime" is a FPS: Metroid is a lot of different styles.
#7IzanagiBlastPosted 4/10/2014 4:21:07 PM
CoD - Everything you do is shooting in first person = FPS

Metroid - You explore huge worlds, solve puzzles and use a beam as your primary weapon = FPA + FPS.
---
NNID & PSN: xXVergiliusXx
3DS FC: 3351-4244-8930
#8SegavsCapcomPosted 4/10/2014 4:21:26 PM
...Who are you talking too? Most people know the Prime series is an FPS.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#9HermeticJusticePosted 4/10/2014 4:21:41 PM
found it

I suggest you watch this, even started at the good part

http://youtu.be/uepAJ-rqJKA?t=2m9s
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#10Dannyson97Posted 4/10/2014 4:21:50 PM
Ok. But why does it matter to you and what difference does it make.
---
I'm a Christian and proud!
You have to reach for the stars to live and learn only then can you attain endless possibilities, and show them what your made of.