IMO Metroid should be rebooted.

#1AnthonyBrock2Posted 4/10/2014 5:36:06 PM
I am sorry to say it but where is there to really go with the metroid series as it is. They finished the prime series, all the metroids are dead, adam was explaine, and everything in between has been covered.

I don't really want them to continue on with the Samus from other M because (and let's face this) they basically made her get back in the kitchen and basically screwed up a whole lot of the story in this (like how she can apparently just activate and deactivate her powers whenever she wants) and basically made here take alot of orders that weren't needed. Finally, over all they made it seem like it was almost like 3-D metroid fusion without Samus being the Heroine we know her as.

It seems like the best move would be to restart the story (maybe even give some back ground info about Samus and her time with the chozo and why she was an orphan).
---
Gamertag:SonowRaevius,psn:SonowRaevius
Youtube:sonow666.
#2kjhoveyPosted 4/10/2014 5:37:41 PM
The real question here is, if they reboot it, should they do an FPS or FPA?

/grabs popcorn.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/kjhovey
Steam/PSN/NNID= kjhovey GT= kjhovey v2
#3slymshadyPosted 4/10/2014 5:37:48 PM
Other m was solid so I would be ok with the continuing that storyline.

A reboot with other m gameplay would be amazing
#4AnthonyBrock2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:40:33 PM
slymshady posted...
Other m was solid so I would be ok with the continuing that storyline.

A reboot with other m gameplay would be amazing

Just not the search feature....that...was annoying.
---
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 4/10/2014 5:42:35 PM
12 games, one mess up, and the ENTIRE series needs to go?

You also do realize that Other M comes before Fusion, the chronologically latest in the series?

If that characterization was SOOOO bad, they could just, like, ignore it.
#6AnthonyBrock2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:49:15 PM
I know it comes before fusion (hence why I said they covered the explanation about Adam). But ifyou look at from this prospective it had ALOT similar to fusion

-On a space research station
-Inhabitants have mysteriously disappeared
-Samus is in a powerless state but most powers are off due to someone within the federation wanting her to limit her power
-Different section of the space station are divided into different environments
-They were secretly cloning metroids and once again the federation tried to cover it up
-Final boss is a later stage metroid that could only be defeated with a power that could only be activated at the very end.
-Lol Nightmare.
---
#7AnthonyBrock2(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2014 5:52:23 PM
Also not saying the whole series needs to go just they have no where to go with it. Everything is now resolved. Hell they even had Samus blow up the planet the metroids came from. The most I could see them doing is creating some kind of plot between the prime series and 2, but that is about the only place that they can put any more events in the time line.
---
#8darkjedilinkPosted 4/10/2014 5:52:35 PM
I disagree - Metroid: Dread and Metroid Prime 1.5 are both promising storylines to work from.
---
Third-party games on Nintendo consoles haven't sold well since the GameCube because they don't perform as well as they should, and that's somehow our fault.
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 4/10/2014 5:52:53 PM
AnthonyBrock2 posted...
I know it comes before fusion (hence why I said they covered the explanation about Adam). But ifyou look at from this prospective it had ALOT similar to fusion

-On a space research station
-Inhabitants have mysteriously disappeared
-Samus is in a powerless state but most powers are off due to someone within the federation wanting her to limit her power
-Different section of the space station are divided into different environments
-They were secretly cloning metroids and once again the federation tried to cover it up
-Final boss is a later stage metroid that could only be defeated with a power that could only be activated at the very end.
-Lol Nightmare.

Which makes it easy to ignore Other M.
#10NovaLevossidaPosted 4/10/2014 5:57:06 PM
I guess in retrospect, naming your series after an enemy and then killing off said enemy is a bad idea for future entries in the series. I'm okay with a reboot I guess. I'd like to see the series go somewhere else though with a different threat.

It's like hearing about the development of Halo 4 with it having a large time gap in the story and thinking about what wild ideas that they could come up with for an enemy force now that they're no longer restricted to the same threats as before. And then you end up fighting the Covenant anyway. Yay.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter