Wii U has by far the best gaming lineup of 2014

#51Ness0123456789Posted 4/12/2014 8:50:29 AM
You know, I'm getting pretty good of guessing which topics on the front page are from Yeti.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#52Mr_DelcroixPosted 4/12/2014 9:18:54 AM
Legend053180 posted...
I'm gonna say Arkham Knight will be the best action game and Dragon Age may give X a run for its money (that is if either come out this year).

But yeah, Smash, Kart, and Kong are pretty strong this year.

>Some awful AAA batman punch-em-up better than Bayonetta

Get a load of this guy
---
Wonder when they're going to realize that I don't care about karma?
#53Mr_DelcroixPosted 4/12/2014 9:21:45 AM
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Also, Persona 5 over X? Lmao Persona is a weeaboo school dungeon crawler. I wouldn't call it a JRPG, more like dating sim with fanservice, awful voice acting, and repetitive battle system.

Oh, and it's a hallway RPG. I bet the same people who love Persona hate FF13.

And really, a PS3 game coming out in 2015? Pathetic. These people are always a full generation behind.

>Using weeaboo unironically

It seems the mouth breathers are out in force this morning
---
Wonder when they're going to realize that I don't care about karma?
#54super_luigi16Posted 4/12/2014 9:22:38 AM
Positive Wii U topic, here cometh the negative drivel because apparently that's the only thing the majority of this board is allowed to post...

wingo84 posted...
I'm doubtful we will see three of those games this year

What the actual f***, three of them are already confirmed for this year: TF released in February, Mario Kart 8 in May, and Smash in Winter 2014. Please, take your ignorance and go somewhere else with it.

EndOfDiscOne posted...
X is not coming out this year, unfortunately. I don't care what the "release date" currently says.

Evidence? I trust the release window in TWO trailers more than I trust you.

I disagree with TC that the Wii U has the best lineup, but those trying to belittle MK8 and Smash need to wake the f*** up and realize that Nintendo can make exemplary games. This is not a partisan viewpoint; a company can make a subpar console and still make great games.
---
Luigi > Mario
http://www.facebook.com/SLFAQS | Upcoming - Mario Kart 8 FAQ/Walkthrough
#55metalmariolordPosted 4/12/2014 9:32:35 AM
monkeyspoon posted...
yeti44 posted...
We're getting:
- the best action game (Bayonetta 2)
- the best fighting game (Smash Bros)
- the best racing game (MK8)
- the best JRPG (X)
- the best platformer (Tropical Freeze, and maybe Yarn Yoshi)

How can Sony and M$ even compete with that?

I agree with Iwata. The only reason Wii U sales fell short is because not enough people have played it yet. With some updated demo stations and a big advertising push, on top of this stellar lineup, IMO PS4 and Xbone don't stand a chance once the launch hype dies off.

That games list looks like a. 5 year olds Xmas list.

So if you want first person shooters, third person shooters, adventure games, open works games, mmo's, sports games and racing sims you're pretty much out of luck with the wiiu. As sports games, shooters, adventure games and open world games are the biggest sellers and are superior quality on PS4, it's proven the PS4 has nothing to worry about. Especially since the PS4 is outselling the wiiu by a massive margin.

Master Race reporting.

Superior quality and PS4 don't fit in the same statement.You're wrong.
---
Do you judge games by graphics and not gameplay?Only like realistic games? GO PLAY REAL LIFE!
Sorry about bad english, not primary language.
#56bandit__74Posted 4/12/2014 9:34:18 AM
Well, since we're stating opinions as fact, I would just like to go on record as saying that my opinion is better than anyone else's. And I don't believe that any of those games are particularly interesting (except X), so therefore WiiU has by far the worst gaming lineup of 2014. However will Nintendo compete with Sony and M$?
#57yeti44(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2014 9:36:10 AM
Mr_Delcroix posted...
Hiten Mitsurugi S posted...
Also, Persona 5 over X? Lmao Persona is a weeaboo school dungeon crawler. I wouldn't call it a JRPG, more like dating sim with fanservice, awful voice acting, and repetitive battle system.

Oh, and it's a hallway RPG. I bet the same people who love Persona hate FF13.

And really, a PS3 game coming out in 2015? Pathetic. These people are always a full generation behind.

>Using weeaboo unironically

It seems the mouth breathers are out in force this morning

>Using mouth breather unironically

It seems the weeaboos are out in force this morning
---
Nintendo stock 12,165. Sony stock 1,765
Nice guys finish last
#58HermeticJusticePosted 4/12/2014 9:36:27 AM
ponyseizures posted...
yeti44 posted...
We're getting:
- the best action game (Bayonetta 2)
- the best fighting game (Smash Bros)
- the best racing game (MK8)
- the best JRPG (Persona 5)
- the best platformer (Tropical Freeze, and maybe Yarn Yoshi)

there is no way Persona 5 is releasing in 2014 in the US

might as well give that spot to Witcher 3
---
I'm not changing this signature until more information about Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem is announced - Started: 23 January, 2013
#59OutlawJTPosted 4/12/2014 9:38:15 AM
I'll agree with you about Smash Bros. Guilty Gear is a good series but it was never as fun as the best Smash game.

Mario Kart 8 and X have a chance to be best in genre but there is some potential steep competition for both this year. Too soon to tell in both cases.

The others, though..... Bayonetta 2 would have to be 10x better than the original to even be in the running for best action game of the year. It's likely not to even be close to the best action game out this year. As for Tropical Freeze/Yoshi Yarn, I'm not sure offhand what other platformers are out this year but those two don't look like anything special to me. Tropical Freeze just felt kind of mediocre to me. An alright game but not something I'd easily consider best in genre unless there's not much at all being released in the genre this year. Yoshi just looks like an updated rehash of Yoshi games I've played before. Not a bad thing but nothing special either.
---
3DS FC: 4957-3936-8441
#60PeroxideToxicPosted 4/12/2014 9:39:26 AM
Lol. Is this how Nintendo assurance themselves? Failed trolling