Let's talk about the lack of Virtual Console games on the Wii U

#1wiiking96Posted 4/12/2014 7:11:19 AM
I think that this is a fairly significant issue and that it's worth addressing.

Do you think that Nintendo has a good reason for deciding to not frequently add new VC games to the eShop? If so, what do you think that reason is? Do you consider the reason to be well justifiable? Do you think that Nintendo would have been better off if they had decided to focus more on Virtual Console titles?

I'll try to come up with a possible justification that they might be using:

Perhaps Nintendo wants to put some time into implementing updates to the emulated experiences. Their work with the NES Remix titles may have inspired them to do similar things with their more basic emulated games, such as adding features like Music Players and Boss Rushes where there weren't already, or simply fixing the weakest bits of content in certain games.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!
#2VanderZooPosted 4/12/2014 7:14:09 AM
I don't get why they're so slow on this. They own all the rights to their own games, it should be easy money for them.
#3nickvd8Posted 4/12/2014 7:16:37 AM
Look on the bright side at least they just added GBA VC to the Wii U. Finally time for some new games, I grew tired of them releasing the same games the Wii VC has.
#4MilesTeg420Posted 4/12/2014 7:16:46 AM
They wanted to get the NES titles out first so NES Remix might get you to buy some. NES Remix won't have an effect if there are tons of superior games to buy instead.
#5Mattatron42Posted 4/12/2014 7:16:47 AM
I don't think they will add any extra modes to VC games, but I do hope they add the original manuals like they did with GBA games. Their slow release schedule for VC is really sad, but at least they have some GBA games coming and it seems like at least two a week this month. My biggest complaint so far is the lack of unreleased VC games, because I can easily play most of the VC games in wii mode that have been released on the WiiU.
---
3ds fc: 4940-5666-3487 psnID: Mattatron36
NNID: Mattatron
#6thefabregas22Posted 4/12/2014 7:28:39 AM
I remember on the wii we got non ninty console games, are we gonna get non ninty console games on wii u vc?
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#7Neo_HeartlessPosted 4/12/2014 7:33:03 AM
It could be that rather than making a stable emulator for the WiiU, they are individually updating every game to work on the WiiU.

It seems completely insane, but I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they were doing.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#8SpookyryuPosted 4/12/2014 7:42:12 AM
I think after may 20th, we will see more games coming on the WII U VC
#9NovaLevossidaPosted 4/12/2014 7:45:09 AM
I really just want Mario 64, but we're lacking things the Wii even had at launch.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#10HambodiasPosted 4/12/2014 7:46:30 AM
I'm just mad they don't have Chrono Trigger, FF6, and Secret of Mana on wii u VC.

I haven't played those games in so long and I've been want to play thru them again but don't want to have to to buy a CC and use wii mode.
---
Dertbag Clothing
GT: Lord Hambo, NNID: Hambodias1